This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Study on the Air Quality of Vehicle’s Cabin by Evaluating CO 2 Concentration and Fine Dust on the Actual Road
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 20, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
For a complete automotive HVAC system, it is desirable to keep good air quality control for the interior vehicle cabin. This experimental study for evaluating the CO2 concentration levels in a vehicle cabin was done on the roads in South Korea. Increasing levels of CO2 can cause a passenger to become tired, sleepy and cause headaches or discomfort. The study results shows that CO2 and fine dust concentration is a result of the number of passengers,_driving condition and HVAC user settings. The result from this investigation can be used to establish a development guide for air quality in a vehicle cabin.
|Technical Paper||Numerical Simulation of Airflow Distribution on the Automobile Windshield in Defrost Mode|
|Technical Paper||CoolCalc: A Long-Haul Truck Thermal Load Estimation Tool|
|Technical Paper||e-Thermal: A Vehicle-Level HVAC/PTC Simulation Tool|
CitationPark, S., Kim, K., and Kwon, H., "Experimental Study on the Air Quality of Vehicle’s Cabin by Evaluating CO2 Concentration and Fine Dust on the Actual Road," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0536, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-0536.
- Chan, C. Wei, H. Liu, C. Lo, Y. Wang, W. Lai, J. Chan, C. 1991 “Driver exposure to volatile organic compounds, CO, Ozone, and NO2 under different driving condition” Environmental Science Technology 25 964 972
- Dor, F. Moullee, Y.L. Festy, B. 1995 “Exposure of city residents to carbon monoxide and monocyclic aromatic hydrocarbons during commuting trips in the Paris metropolitan area” Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association 45 104 110
- Son, Busoon Yang, Wonho Breysse, Patrick Chung, Taewoong Lee Youngshin 2003 “Estimation of Occupational and Nonoccupational Nitrogen Dioxide Exposure for Korean Taxi Driver Using A Microenvironmental Model” Environmental Research 94 3 291 296
- Bae, Hyunjoo Yang Wonho Chung Moonho 2003 “Potential Exposure and Traffic Contribution to Indoor Air Quality of Shoe-stalls near Busy Road in Korea” The Science of the Total Environment 323 99 105
- Atimtay AT Emri S Bagci T Demir AU 2000 “Urban CO exposure and its health effects on traffic policemen in Ankara” Environmental Research Section A” 82 222 230
- Bentley S. 1998 “Estimation of P10:NOx ratio for vehicular emissions in Hong Kong” 14th International Clean Air & Environment Conference 1998 215 219