This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation on Thermal-Stress-Fatigue of an Engine Exhaust Manifold
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 20, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Because of the contradictions of the downsizing and the serious thermal-load of modern engine, thermal fatigue failure of the engine components easily happens due to excessive temperature gradient and thermal stress. During recent years, with the constantly advancing progress of high performance computer technology, many CFD software codes provide the ability to solve, or take part in the best possible solution of FVM/FEM coupled problems, and Fluid Structure Interaction (FSI) analyses have been developed. However, the unidirectional coupling of thermal flow and thermal stress as well as structural fatigue failure analyses in IC engine applications, especially transient case, has received less attention. In this paper, authors have studied unidirectional FSI in depth, including that transient high speed and high temperature flow strongly affects the engine exhaust manifold. These researches can be used in protection certain fatigue failures for general purpose. And CFD and FEA code adopted respectively is SC/Tetra and ANSYS.
CitationDong, F., Fan, Q., Guo, C., Jiang, S. et al., "Simulation on Thermal-Stress-Fatigue of an Engine Exhaust Manifold," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0409, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-0409.
- Fan Qinyin Kuba Masayuki Nakanishi Junichi Coupled Analysis of Thermal Flow and Thermal Stress of an Engine Exhaust Manifold SAE World Congress, 2004-01-0135 2004
- Fan Qinyin A Research on Coupled Transient Analysis of Thermal Flow and Thermal Stress SAE World Congress, 2005-01-0516 2005
- Fan Qinyin Coupling of Transient Analysis of Thermal Flow and Thermal Stress for T pipe SAE World Congress, 2006-01-0589 2006
- Fan Qinyin Chung Jin-do Coupling of Transient Analysis of Thermal Flow and Nonlinear Thermal Stress SAE World Congress, 2007-01-0885 2007
- Solver Reference of User's Guide of SC/Tetra Version 7.0 Software Cradle Co. Ltd 2008
- Theory Manual of ANSYS11.0 ANSYS INC 2007