This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Integrating Functional and Non-Functional Design Verification for Embedded Software Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 20, 2009 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes an approach to integrating functional and non-functional design verification for embedded control software. The method uses functional models, which are the basis of functional verification processes, to drive non-functional verification also. This is achieved by defining strategies for extracting non-functional models, which contain structural and quantitative information about non-functional characteristics such as performance and modifiability, from functional ones. Non-functional verification tools may then be used on the resulting models to check that desired non-functional properties, such as ease of modification, are catered for in the design. An extended example involving the analysis of a model for modifiability is presented, as is tool support for extracting non-functional models from functional ones.
CitationAckermann, C., Ray, A., Cleaveland, R., Shelton, C. et al., "Integrating Functional and Non-Functional Design Verification for Embedded Software Systems," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0152, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2009-01-0152.
- Bakshi, A. MILAN: A Model based integrated simulation framework for design of embedded systems ACM SIGPLAN 2001 Workshop on Languages, Compilers, and Tools for Embedded Systems
- Takahashi, J. Kakuda, Y. 2002 Extended Model-Based Testing toward High Code Coverage Rate Proceedings of the 7th international Conference on Software Quality 09 Kontio J. Conradi R. Eds. Lecture Notes In Computer Science 2349 310 320
- Clarke E Grumberg O Pereld D Model Checking The MIT Press
- Ackermann C. Ray A. Cleaveland R. Heit J. Shelton C. Martin C. Model-Based Design Verification: A Monitor Based Approach Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) World Congress 2008 Detroit, USA
- Bachmann, Felix Bass, Len Klein, Mark Preliminary Design of ArchE: A Software Architecture Design Assistant (CMU/SEI-2003-TR-021)
- Bass, L. Ivers, J. Klein, M. Merson, P. Wallnau, K. 2005 Encapsulating Quality Attribute Knowledge Proceedings of the 5th Working IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture 06
- Shelton and C. Martin, C. “Using Models to Improve the Availability of Automotive Software Architectures” ICSE Workshops SEAS ‘07, IEEE, Location 20-26 9 19
- Vitkin Lev Dong Susan Searcey Rick BC Manjunath “Effort Estimation in Model-Based Software Development” Society for Automotive Engineers World Congress 2006
- Bachmann, Felix Bass, Len Klein, Mark Shelton, Charles “Designing Software Architectures to Achieve Quality Attribute Requirements” (153-165) IEEE Proceedings on Software” 2005