This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Combining acoustic imaging techniques to localize and identify sources
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 30, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper deals with recent advances in acoustic experimental methods and especially acoustic imaging. The paper covers two areas of interest to acousticians. In the first part, it is explained how near-field acoustic holography (NAH) can be extended with beamforming in the near-field, focalization. The combination of the two methods is providing now a source localization solution with a good spatial resolution over the complete frequency range without the burden of measuring a large number of points as would be required if only NAH was used.
In the second part of the paper, a method is described that goes one step beyond source localization. In this part is explained how source localization techniques in conjunction with artificial excitation of the structure can provide information on the internal sources of the structure.
CitationDeblauwe, F., Beguet, B., and Robin, M., "Combining acoustic imaging techniques to localize and identify sources," SAE Technical Paper 2008-36-0595, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-36-0595.
- Maynard J.D., Williams E.G., Nearfield acoustic holography: theory of the generalized holography and the development of NAH, JASA 78(4) October 1985 (1985).
- Chauray J.L., Béguet B., Leuridan J., Localisation system for acoustic sources, euro.noise '95, Vol.3, pp.927-932 (1995).
- Béguet Bernard, Chauray Jean-Louis, Deblauwe Filip, Practical aspects for Acoustical Holography, inter.noise '97, Vol.3, pp.1301-1306 (1997).
- Deblauwe Filip, Janssens Karl, Robin Maxime, Exteinding te usability of near-field acoustic holography and beamforming by using focalization ICSV14, Carins Australia 2007
- Beguet Bernard, Robin Maxime, Combining acoustic Imaging and identification techniques to localise and identify sources, Automobile Comfort Conference, Le Mans France 15-16 November 2006