This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Objective Analysis of the Impact on the Design Change of a Halfshaft
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 30, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The production of vehicles with low noise and vibration level at low costs has been one of the main targets of the automobilist industry. The noise level heard by the passengers inside the vehicle influences directly on the perception they have about the car. On the other hand, low prices are extremely necessary to keep the projects competitive on the sales market.
This job analyses the impact caused over the noise heard inside the vehicle when a change was applied on the design of the halfshaft: the substitution of a tubular shaft by a barshaft. The main goal of this design change is the cost reduction.
CitationBaumhardt, V., Silva, M., Flesch, G., Ball, A. et al., "Objective Analysis of the Impact on the Design Change of a Halfshaft," SAE Technical Paper 2008-36-0552, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-36-0552.
- GERGES, S. N. Y.; Ruídos e Vibrações Veiculares. NR Editora, Florianópolis, 2005.
- GILLESPIE, T. D.; Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics. Second Printing, SAE Inc., USA, 1992.
- MELLO, R.; Estudo do Caminho de Transferência de Vibração Formado Pelos Semi-eixos Homocinéticos e Torre de Suspensão e da sua Influência no Ruído Interno de um Veículo. SIBRAV 2003, São Paulo, Brazil.
- Shigley, J. E., Dinâmica das Máquinas. Editora Edar Blücher Ltda., São Paulo, 1969.
- LMS International, LMS Pimento 4.20 Trainning. Smart Tech, São Paulo, Brazil, 2002.