This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Scan & Listen: a simple and fast method to find sources
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 30, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The particle velocity field close to a source almost matches the surface vibration whereas the sound pressure field is mainly caused by the background noise. Here a new method is proposed that is to simply listen to the particle velocity field to find sources. The method shows to give a very fast first impression of the acoustic problem at hand.
Citationde Vries, J. and de Bree, H., "Scan & Listen: a simple and fast method to find sources," SAE Technical Paper 2008-36-0504, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-36-0504.
- Wolff Oliver Fast panel noise contribution analysis using large PU sensor arrays Internoise 2007
- de Bree H-E. Druyvesteyn W.F. A particle velocity sensor to measure the sound from a structure in the presence of background noise Forum Acousticum 2005
- Wolff O. Sottek R. Panel Contribution Analysis - An Alternative Window Method SAE 2005
- Yntema D.R. de Bree H-E. van Heck J. An intuitive handheld acoustic noise source finder Fisita Japan 2006
- The Microflown Ebook www.microflown.com