This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of the Capabilities of the new innovative Ethanol Low-Temperature Mixture Preparation Device ECS.
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 07, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper presents the main reasons for the increasing market share of vehicles with the capacity to run on random bio fuel blends. It explains the reason for which a single fuel supply system is mandatory in modern flex vehicles, even for cold start by pure ethanol fuelling
The paper continues with an analytic research for the most appropriate device location and a detailed description of 3 suggested device layouts.
The paper concludes by a presentation of a series of data obtained by real-time vehicle experiments at low ambient temperature conditions.
CitationPontoppidan, M., Bonfiglioli, S., and Montanari, G., "Analysis of the Capabilities of the new innovative Ethanol Low-Temperature Mixture Preparation Device ECS.," SAE Technical Paper 2008-36-0080, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-36-0080.
- Amsden, A.A. O'Rourke, P.J Butler C.D. “KIVA II A Computer Program for Chemical Reactive Flows with Sprays,” Los Alamos National Labs LA 1989
- Amsden, A.A. O'Rourke, P.J Butler C.D. “KIVA III: A KIVA Program with Block Structured Mesh for Complex Geometries” Los Alamos National Labs LA
- The European Requirement.” Proceedings from Engine and Environment Graz September 1997
- Bergstroem K Melin S. A. Coleman J. “The New ECOTEC Turbo Bio-Power Engine from GM-Powertrain - Utilizing the Power of Nature's resources.” Haus der Technik 2007 221 257
- Cipolla G. “Alternative Antriebe für Automobile” Haus der Technik 2007 32 49
- Pontoppidan M. Bella G. Rocco V. “Mixture formation in SI-Engine intake Systems - A simplified theoretical Model with Experimental Verification.” ASME 1996 Spring Congress
- Pontoppidan M Gaviani G. Bella G. Rocco V. “Direct Fuel Injection - A Study of Injector Requirements for Different Mixture Preparation Concepts” SAE Paper 970628
- Pontoppidan M Gaviani G. Bella G. Rocco V. “Improvements of GDI-Injector Optimization Tools for Enhanced SI-Engine Combustion Chamber Layout.” SAE Paper 980494
- Pontoppidan M Demaio A. Bella G. Rocco V. “Enhanced use of 3-D CFD and Combustion Simulation to Optimize the Development of ECU-Control Algorithms for GDI Spark Ignited Engines.” ICE 99 - Proceedings
- Pontoppidan M. Ausiello F. Bella G. Demaio A “Study of the Impact of Variations in the Diesel-Nozzle Geometry Parameters on the Layout of Multiple Injection Strategy.” SAE paper 2002-01-0217
- Pontoppidan M. Gaviani G. Bella G. Demaio A. “Direct Injection for Future SI-Engines - Stand Alone Combustion Layout or Integrated Part of Multi- Function Fuel/Air Management Approach?” SAE paper 2003-01-0540
- Pontoppidan M. Gaviani G. Bella G. Demaio A. “Optimization by CFD simulation of Spray formation Parameters to adapt Direct Injection high-pressure Fuel injectors to high-speed SI-engines.” SAE paper 2004-01-0539
- Pontoppidan M. Bonfiglioli S. Damasceno F. Montanari G. “Detailed Study of Ethanol In-cylinder Combustion Behavior by means of a Numerical Virtual Engine Model Approach” SAE-Brazil paper 2005
- Pontoppidan M. Bella G. Demaio A Rotondi R. “Parametric Study of Physical Requirements for Optimization of the EGR-rate and the Spray Formation for Minimum Emissions Production over a Broad Range of Load/Speed Conditions.” Sae paper 2006-01-1120
- Pontoppidan M. Bonfiglioli S. Montanari G. “Presentation of the new third Generation “Green” injector Family, PICO-ECOlogical, developed for further Improvement of Flex-fuel Engine Performance.” SAE-Brazil paper 2007-01-2749