This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Application of Statistical Energy Analysis to Noise Prediction of Co-generation System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 09, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes the application of statistical energy analysis (SEA) to predicting sound power radiated from co-generation system enclosure. To predict vibration and noise accurately by using SEA, it is important to estimate parameter called loss factors. In this study, loss factors were estimated by power injection method. Next, the noise radiated from enclosure surface was predicted by the obtained vibration and radiation efficiency of enclosure panels. As a result, the calculated sound power was relatively corresponding to measured sound power. Finally, the sound power from modified enclosure was predicted. Coupling loss factors related to a modified subsystem were estimated by ratio of the number of structure modes. By using these steps, the noise from the system was reduced.
|Technical Paper||Noise Problems Associated with Geometrically Stiffened Panels|
|Technical Paper||Scaling Laws in Automotive Aeroacoustics|
|Technical Paper||The Reduction of Air-Rush Noise in Plastic Engine Intake Manifolds|
CitationUehara, H., Koizumi, T., Tsujiuchi, N., Morita, S. et al., "Application of Statistical Energy Analysis to Noise Prediction of Co-generation System," SAE Technical Paper 2008-32-0057, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-32-0057.
- Lyon, R. Statistical Energy Analysis of Dynamical Systems, Theory and Applications MIT Press 1975
- BIES, D. Hamid, S. IN SITU DETERMINATION OF LOSS AND COUPLING FACTORS BY POWER INJECTION METHOD Journal of Sound and Vibration 70 2 187 204 1980
- Maidanik, G. Response of Ribbed Panels to Reverberant Acoustic Fields J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 34 6 809 826 1962
- Lalor, N. The Experimental Determination of Vibrational Energy Balance in Complex Structures Paper No. 108429, Proc. SIRA Conf. on Stress and Vibration London 1989
- Lalor, N. Practical Considerations for the Measurement of Internal and Coupling Loss Factors on Complex Structures N., ISVR Technical Report No182 1990
- Wallance, C. Radiation resistance of a rectangular panel J.Acoust.Soc.Am. 84 946 953 1972
- Cremer, L. Heckel, M. Structure-Borne Sound, Structural Vibrations and Sound Radiation at Audio Frequencies Second Springer-Verlag 525 1988