This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Model Based Control System Design and Control Strategies on ETC
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 09, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
We are mass-producing the electronic throttle body (ETB). The nonlinearity of electronic throttle friction and the return spring Limp-Home affects the valve positioning performance of the electronic throttle control (ETC) system. The nonlinear computer ETB model was built based on mechanical and electrical design and experimental data. Two steps were used for the throttle valve controller design. The computer model was verified and designed by comparing the simulation results and the real throttle valve experimental data. A rapid prototyping processor was used for performance tests and validation of the controller and a low performance microprocessor was used for testing the implementation of the ETC, using the automatic production code generator.
CitationHazu, K. and Yokoyama, M., "Model Based Control System Design and Control Strategies on ETC," SAE Technical Paper 2008-32-0038, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-32-0038.
- Hazu Kenichi ECU embedding and evaluation of an ETC control model MATLAB MIKUNI TECHNICAL REVIEW 2007 21
- Yokoyama Munekazu Model Base Design of Electronic Throttle Control MIKUNI TECHNICAL REVIEW 2006 20
- Al-Assadi Salem Breitinger Jens Murphy Nathan Model Based Friction and Limp Home Compensation In Electronic Throttle Control SAE2006 World Congress, 2006-01-0857
- Deur Josko Pavkovi Danijel Peri Nedjeljko Jansz Martin Hrovat Davor An Adaptive Nonlinear Strategy of Electronic Throttle Control SAE2004 World Congress, 2004-01-0897
- Yang Chang Model Based Analysis and Tuning of Electronic Throttle Controllers SAE2004 World Congress, 2004-01-0524
- Wengert Jorg Rommel Dierk Krzok Ronny Electronic Throttle Control for Motorcycles SAE2007 World Congress, 2007-32-0044
- Pechlaner Andreas Steurich Bjorn Electronic Throttle Control With Contactless Position Sensor And Smart Power Full-Bridge SAE2001 World Congress, 2001-01-0984
- Hashimoto Eiji Ishiguro Tetsuya Yasui Yuji Akazaki Shusuke High Reliability Electronic Throttle System Design SAE2003 World Congress, 2003-01-0708