This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Connecting Vehicles in the Social Domain: Web 2.0 in the Vehicle
Published October 20, 2008 by Convergence Transportation Electronics Association in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Convergence 2008
Web 2.0 as a design methodology for creating and architecting web applications is increasing in popularity. User-generated content, the network effect, “mashability,” and open API access are all characteristics of a Web 2.0 application. We make the argument in this paper that these characteristics are also applicable to the automotive domain and give specific examples. We also present a prototype vehicular Web 2.0 application and discuss possible future applications.
CitationGiuli, T., "Connecting Vehicles in the Social Domain: Web 2.0 in the Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2008-21-0006, 2008.
- Facebook website, http://www.facebook.com
- Orkut website, http://www.orkut.com
- Facebook statistics, http://www.facebook.com/press/info.php?statistics
- USA Real Estate Auctions, http://www.2realestateauctions.com/
- Mappified RSS http://www.gmapify.fr/Projects/MapifiedRss/
- Friend Mapper http://www.bookfaced.com/fb
- Yoon J., Noble B., and Liu M., 2007. Surface street traffic estimation. In Proceedings of the 5th international Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications and Services (San Juan, Puerto Rico, June 11 - 13, 2007).
- Dash website, http://dash.net/
- Hull B., Bychkovsky V., Zhang Y., Chen K., Goraczko M., Miu A., Shih E., Balakrishnan H., and Madden S., 2006. CarTel: a distributed mobile sensor computing system. In Proceedings of the 4th international Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems Boulder, Colorado, USA, 2006
- Ahern Shane, King Simon, Naaman Mor, Nair Rahul, Yang Jeannie Hui-I. ZoneTag: Rich, Community-supported Context-Aware Media Capture and Annotation. In the Mobile Spatial Interaction workshop (MSI) at the SIGCHI conference on Human Factors in computing systems (CHI 2007), San Jose, CA, USA, 2007.
- Flickr website, http://www.flickr.com/