This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Numerical Study on Urea SCR Reaction by Using a Simple 1-D Model
Published October 22, 2008 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Autumn Conference
In this study, the 1-D model of urea-SCR catalyst has been developed to analyze the urea dosing strategy. For the higher accuracy, rate constants of some reactions are derived from mini-reactor experimental data. In the result, it is shown that the predicted results by the model developed agree with the actual engine test data. Moreover, the urea SCR simulation is carried out to be identified that an appropriate amount of ammonia adsorption is existing.
- Kiminobu Hirata - Nissan Diesel Motor Co., Ltd.
- Isamu Kanaya - Nissan Diesel Motor Co., Ltd.
- Hisashi Akagawa - Nissan Diesel Motor Co., Ltd.
- Takayuki Mori - Tokyo Roki Co., Ltd.
- Fumiyuki Tsurumi - Tokyo Roki Co., Ltd.
- Hideaki Kato - Waseda Univ.
- Kimitake Ito - Waseda Univ.
- Kanta Yamamoto - Waseda Univ.
- Keishi Takada - Waseda Univ.
- Jin Kusaka - Waseda Univ.