This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study on Event Data Recorder (First Report)~Basic Study Using J-NCAP Crash Test Data
Published October 22, 2008 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Autumn Conference
The aim of this study is to evaluate the characteristics of Event Data Recorder (EDR) and to understand the performance of EDR for the improvement of accident reconstruction with more reliable and accurate information on an accident.
The analysis is based on J-NCAP crash tests from 2006-2007 with corresponding EDR datasets. The pre-crash velocity, the maximum delta-V and the delta-V versus time history data recorded in the EDRs are compared with the results from accelerometer and from high-speed video camera.
- Katsumi Nakano - Gifu Prefectural Police Headquarters
- Takahiro Ikari - National Agency for Automotive Safety & Victims' Aid
- Nobuaki Takubo - National Research Institute of Police Science
- Takeshi Okuno - National Research Institute of Police Science
- Kenshiro Kato - National Research Institute of Police Science
- Ryo Oga - National Research Institute of Police Science
- Hirotoshi Ishikawa - National Research Institute of Police Science