This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of a Sensor Detecting Eyelid Positions
Published May 21, 2008 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Spring Meeting
Recently, the number of accidents caused by carelessness in observing oncoming traffic occupies the large percentage in the statistics of traffic accidents. For preventing the accidents caused by the inattentive driving, the forward collision warning system with a facial direction detection sensor has already been developed for example. In this way, sensors which detect drivers' carelessness are required for the driving support systems.
Thus, for the needs from the driving support systems, we developed a sensor which detects drivers' eyelid positions to detect the carelessness of drivers who closed their eyes continuously.
- Tamiko Nishina - TOYOTA MOTOR CORP.
- Kenichi Ohue - TOYOTA MOTOR CORP.
- Shigeyasu Uozumi - TOYOTA MOTOR CORP.
- Tomoharu Suzuki - AISIN SEIKI Co., Ltd.
- Takeshi Hayashi - AISIN SEIKI Co., Ltd.
- Kenichi Ogawa - AISIN SEIKI Co., Ltd.
- Hiroshi Ishiguro - AISIN SEIKI Co., Ltd.
- Jun Adachi - AISIN SEIKI Co., Ltd.
- Shinichi Kojima - Toyota Central R&D Labs., Inc.
- Satoru Nakanishi - Toyota Central R&D Labs., Inc.