This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development and Dissemination of the IPT Hybrid Bus
Published May 21, 2008 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Spring Meeting
In the three-project, namely Next Generation Environmentally Friendly Vehicles Development and Commercialization Project, and IPT hybrid bus was developed and put into the on-road tests. The IPT (Inductive Power Transfer) system can supply the electric power from the commercial electric source to the on-board battery without any contact. It is expected that the IPT hybrid bus has large effects on the improvement of the global warming problem because of its low carbon dioxide emission characteristics. Top prepare the diffusion of the IPT hybrid bus, several issues to be solved are discussed and clarified.
- Kazuyuki Narusawa - National Traffic Safety and Environment Laboratory
- Morimasa Hayashida - National Traffic Safety and Environment Laboratory
- KwangJae Myong - National Traffic Safety and Environment Laboratory
- Kunitoshi Shimizu - Hino Motors Ltd.
- Takashi Koto - Hino Motors Ltd.
- Atsuomi Obata - Hino Motors Ltd.