This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Educational Method Based on Evaluation of Driving Behavior for Fundamental Improvement When Entering a Non-Signalized Intersection
Published May 21, 2008 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Spring Meeting
Major causes of right-angle collisions when entering a non-signalized intersection are unsafe driving behaviors. They are led by driver's inner factors such as having little awareness of potential risk and having too much confidence in his/her driving skill. In order to improve these inner factors through evaluating actual driving behaviors, we proposed an educational method that improves elemental driving behaviors of each unsafe driver. It is very important for a driver to understand not only unsafe driving behaviors but also these potential risk levels and the relationships with inner factors. We verified its effectiveness by conducting an experiment on the road.
- Masanori Takemoto - Nara Institute of Science and Technology
- Takeshi Matsumoto - Nara Institute of Science and Technology
- Hiroaki Kosaka - Nara Institute of Science and Technology
- Hirokazu Nishitani - Nara Institute of Science and Technology
- Masaaki Uechi - TOYOTA MOTOR CORP.
- Kazuya Sasaki - TOYOTA MOTOR CORP.