This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Effects of Distributor and Striking Mass on the Performance of a Hydraulic Impact Machine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 07, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper deals with numerical investigations concerning the working behavior of a hydraulic impact machine. Attention is focused on the moving elements inside the casing of the breaker, taking the main targets to be achieved by the designer into account. On one hand, there is the operating performance optimization, with particular care devoted to the impact energy of the breaker; on the other hand, the energy conversion efficiency, related to the power transmission, in order to minimize the power requirement to the feeding system.
Use of a parameterized numerical model is made in order to better understand the effects of parameters characteristic of distributor and striking mass on breaker performance and to achieve possible improvements in both impact energy and efficiency. The key-variable, which leads to better performance, is found to be the working pressure.
|Technical Paper||Reaction Injection Molding For Large Components|
|Journal Article||Vehicle Spaciousness and Packaging Efficiency|
|Technical Paper||Testing an Anti-Friction Coating in a Small Engine|
CitationFicarella, A., Giuffrida, A., and Laforgia, D., "The Effects of Distributor and Striking Mass on the Performance of a Hydraulic Impact Machine," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-2679, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-2679.
- Giuffrida, A. Laforgia, D. Modelling and Simulation of a Hydraulic Breaker International Journal of Fluid Power 6 2 August 2005 47 56
- Ficarella, A. Giuffrida, A. Laforgia, D. Numerical Investigations on the Working Cycle of a Hydraulic Breaker: Off-Design Performance and Influence of Design Parameters International Journal of Fluid Power 7 3 November 2006 41 50
- Ficarella, A. Giuffrida, A. Laforgia, D. Investigation on the Impact Energy of a Hydraulic Breaker SAE paper 2007-01-4229
- Vitulano, M. Directional Control Valve to Obtain a Hydraulic Appliance the Alternative Motion of a Piston Operating to Charge and Fire a Tool, Specially Suitable for Hydraulic Hammers
- Vitulano, M. Method to Automatically Adjust the Functional Parameters of a Percussion Apparatus
- Calò, G. Oleodynamic Percussion Machine with on-off Slide Valve and Pilot Piston
- Andriani, A. Private Communication 2006