This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design and Optical Performance Evaluation of Smart Radiation Device with Multi-layer Coating
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 29, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Smart Radiation Device (SRD) is a new thermal control material that decreases the temperature variation by changing the emissivity without using electrical instruments or mechanical parts. The emissivity of the SRD changes physically depending on its temperatures. Bonded only to the external surface of the spacecrafts, the SRD controls the temperature. The drawback of the SRD is the high solar absorptance. The multi-layer film for SRD was designed in order to decrease the solar absorptance from 0.81 to less than 0.2 by putting multi-layer film on it and the optical performance of the Smart Radiation Device with Multi-layer film (SRDM) was evaluated.
CitationTachikawa, S., Ohnishi, A., Nakamura, Y., and Okamoto, A., "Design and Optical Performance Evaluation of Smart Radiation Device with Multi-layer Coating," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-2152, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-2152.
- Zener C. ‘Interaction Between the d-shell in the Transition Metals. II. Ferromagnetic Compounds of Manganese with Perovskite Structure,’ Physical Review 82 3 1951 403 405
- Shimazaki K. Tachikawa S. Ohnishi A. Nagasaka Y. ‘TEMPERATURE DEPENDENCE OF TOTAL HEMISPHERICAL EMITTANCE OF MANGANESE OXIDES WITH PEROVSKITE-TYPE STRUCTURE,’ The 19 th Japan Symposium on Thermophisical Properties Fukuoka 1998 75 78
- Tachikawa S. Ohnishi A. Shimazaki K. Okamoto A. Nakamura Y. Shimakwa Y. Manako T. Mori T. Ochi A. ‘Development of a Variable Emittance Radiator,’ ICES 1999-01-2090
- Shimazaki K. Tachikawa S. Ohnishi A. Nagasaka Y. ‘Thermal radiative properties of variable emittance device for space use,’ The 38 th Japan Symposium on, Saitama 2001 489 490
- Tachikawa S. Ohnishi A. Shimazaki K. Okamoto A. Nakamura Y. Shimakwa Y. Kosaka M. Mori T. Ochi A. ‘Design and Ground Test Results of a Variable Emittance Radiator,’ ICES 2000-01-2277
- Tachikawa S. Ohnishi A. Shimazaki K. Okamoto A. Nakamura Y. Shimakwa Y. Mori T. Ochi A. ‘Smart Radiation Device: Design of an Intelligent Material with Variable Emittance,’ ICES 2001-01-2342
- Ochi A. Mori T. Shimakawa Y. Kubo Y. Okamoto A. Nakamura Y. Tachikawa S. Ohnishi A. Shimazaki K. ‘Variable Thermal Emittance Radiator Using Metal-Insulator Phase Transition in La 1-x Sr x MnO 3 ,’ Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 41 2002 7263 7265
- Shimawaka Y. Yoshitake T. Kubo Y. Machida T. Shinagawa K. Okamoto A. Nakamura Y. Ochi A. Tachikawa S. Ohnishi A. ‘A variable-emittance radiator based on a metal-insulator transition of (La,Sr)MnO 3 thin films,’ Applied Physics Letters 80 25 2002 4864 4866
- Tachikawa S. Ohnishi A. Shimakawa Y. Ochi A. Okamoto A. Nakamura Y. ‘Development of a Variable Emittance Radiator Based on a Perovskite Manganese Oxide,’ Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer 17 2 2003 264 268
- Tachikawa S. Ohnishi A. Nakamura Y. Okamoto A. ‘In-Orbit Thermal Performance of a Smart Radiation Device,’ ICES 2007-01-3125
- Nakamura Y. Okamoto A. Tachikawa S. Ohnishi A. Kawaguchi J. Saito H. Shimazaki K. Katsuki S. ‘IN ORBIT TEST RESULTS OF SMART RADIATION DEVICE,’ The 25 th International Symposium on Space Technology and Science Kanazawa 2006
- Murata, Yasuhiro Mochizuki, Nanako Saito, Hirofumi Hirabayashi, Hisashi Inoue, Makoto Kobayashi, Hideyuki Edwards, Philip G. ‘The next generation space VLBI project, VSOP-2,’ Astrophysical Masers and their Environments, Proceedings of the International Astronomical Union, IAU Symposium 242 517 521
- Shimazaki K. Ohnishi A. Nagasaka Y. ‘Development of Spectral Selective Multilayer Film for a Variable Emittance Device and Its Radiation Properties Measurements,’ International Journal of Thermophysics 24 3 757 769
- Ohnishi A. Hayashi T. Nagano H. ‘Measurement of Hemispherical Total Emittance of Thermal Control Materials for Spacecraft,’ Proceedings of 4 th Japan Symposium on Thermophysical Properties, Japan Society of Thermophysical Properties Yokohama, Japan 1983 1 4