This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Diffuser Design for PACE Global Formula One Racer
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 23, 2008 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The detailed design process of the diffuser for a Formula one racer is described. It begins with the study of overall aerodynamic performance and follows the basic function of the diffuser. And then forms the strategy for such a diffuser which should perform the maximum downforce. Then is the detailed analysis of diffuser by two different methods of development. The small-scaled wind tunnel data is presented, together with the CFD analysis, describing the major consideration in using these two developing methods and demonstrating the major influence for the diffuser design.
CitationZhang, Z., Yang, Z., and Yang, Z., "Diffuser Design for PACE Global Formula One Racer," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1835, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-1835.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
|Unnamed Dataset 5|
|Unnamed Dataset 6|
|Unnamed Dataset 7|
- F.I.A. Sport 2009 Formula One Technical Regulations
- Tremayne David The Science of Formula 1 Design Haynes Publishing
- Potter M. C. Wiggert D.C. Mechanics of Fluids
- Milliken William F. Milliken Douglas L. Race Car Vehicle Dynamics Society of Automotive Engineers Inc.
- Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics
- Van Valkenburgh Paul Race Car Engineering & Mechanics
- Smith Carroll Drive to Win
- Smith Carroll Tune to Win
- Anderson, Fundamentals of Aerodynamics
- Blazek J. Computational Fluid Dynamics: Principles and Applications Elsevier
- Zienkiewics O.C. Taylor R. L. The Finite Element Method Volume 3: Fluid Dynamics Fifth Butterworth Heinemann
- Wordley, S.J. Saunders, J.W. Aerodynamics for Formula SAE: A CFD, Wind Tunnel and On-Track Study SAE Paper 2006-01-0808 2006
- Wordley, S.J. Saunders, J.W. Aerodynamics for Formula SAE: Initial Design and Performance Prediction SAE Paper 2006-01-0806 2006