This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Numerical Study of a Fuel Cell Air Management System with a Centrifugal Compressor and Surge Control
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 23, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The performance of a fuel cell air management system with a centrifugal compressor and a surge control device is studied. A fuel cell system model is built to simulate the performance of the fuel cell system with the air management system. The simulated performance of the fuel cell system is compared to the performance of the fuel cell system with a regenerative blower. Results show that the output range limitation of the fuel cell system using the centrifugal compressor is removed, and the net efficiency and air humidification effect is much better than the system using the regenerative blower.
CitationZhuge, W., Zhang, Y., Wang, M., and Han, Y., "Numerical Study of a Fuel Cell Air Management System with a Centrifugal Compressor and Surge Control," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1798, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-1798.
- Donitz W. Fuel Cells for Mobile Applications, Status, Requirements and Future Application Potential Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 1998 23 7 611 615
- Cleghorn S.J.C. Ren X. Springer T.E. et al. PEM Fuel Cells for Transportation and Stationary Power Generation Applications Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 1997 22 12 1137 1144
- Mukarram Raheel Muhammad A Theoretical, Experimental and CFD Analysis of Regenerative Flow Compressors and Pumps for Microturbine and Automotive Fuel Applications Michigan Michigan State University 2003
- Yu XC Zhou B Sobiesiak A Water and thermal management for Ballard PEM fuel cell stack J. Power Sources 2005 147 184 195
- Zhang YJ Ouyang MG Lu QC et al. A model predicting performance of proton exchange membrane fuel cell stack thermal systems Applied Thermal Engineering 2004 24 501 513
- Lao XS Zhuge WL Zhang YJ Guo GD Han YJ A study on the performance of new air humidification system for fuel cell engine Automotive Engineering 2007 29 3 194 197