This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Investigation on Acoustic Model and Test of Diesel Particulate Filter
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 23, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A simplified method of the three-dimensional acoustical model of diesel particulate filter (DPF) is discussed, and the simplified model is employed in Sysnoise to analyse acoustical characteristic of DPF at the operating condition, then the transfer matrix of DPF is obtained. Considering the viscosity effect, the transfer matrix is modified. Using the transfer matrix method the insertion loss at operating engine condition is calculated. In an half anechoic laboratory the engine test-bed is established and the insertion loss of DPF is measured in the operating condition. The comparison between experimental and calculating results demonstrates the correctness of the acoustical model. At last, the influence of the fluid viscosity on sound attenuation is discussed.
CitationLiming, F., Wenzhi, G., and Wenbo, N., "An Investigation on Acoustic Model and Test of Diesel Particulate Filter," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1757, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-1757.
- Glav, R., Boden, H. and Abom, M. An acoustic model for automobile catalytic converters. Proceedings Inter-Noise, 1988, 1261-1266.
- Morse, P. M. and Ingard, K. U. Theoretical Acoustics. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1968.
- Ingard, U. and Singhal, V. K. Sound attenuation in turbulent pipe flow. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 1974, 55, 535-538.
- Dokumaci, E. Sound transmission in narrow pipes with superimposed uniform mean flow and acoustic modeling of automobile catalytic converters. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 1995, 182(5), 799-808.
- Allam, S. and Abom, M. On Acoustic Modeling and Testing of Diesel Particulate Filters. The 2002 International Congress and Exposition on Noise Control Engineering, Dearborn, MI, USA, 19-21 August 2002.
- Allam, S. and Abom, M. On Transmission of Sound in Diesel Particulate Filters(DPF:s). Tenth International Congress on Sound and Vibration Stockholm, Sweden, 7-10 July 2003, pp3187-3194.
- Allam, S. and Abom, M. Sound propagation in an array of narrow porous channels with application to diesel particulate filters. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 2006, 291(4), 882-901.
- Gao, W., Feng, L. and Liu, J. Study on Pressure Drop and Acoustic Propagation Characteristics of Diesel Particulate Filter. Transactions of CSICE, 2006,24(1),92-95.
- Kong, X. Advanced mechanics of fluids in porous media. China Science and Technology University publishing company, china, 1999.
- Du, G., Zhu, Z. and Gong, X. Fundamental Acoustics, Shanghai Science and Technology Publishing Company, Shanghai, 1981.
- Ma, D. Acoustic modern theoretical foundation, science publishing company, china, 2004.