This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Dynamic Characteristic Simulation of AT Hydraulic System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 23, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Hydraulic system is very important for the performance of AT. The dynamic characteristics of automatic transmission hydraulic system are studied in this paper. Because the valves in the hydraulic system are not standard parts, ITI-SimulationX, the multi-domain physics simulation software from ITI GmbH, is used to build the dynamic model of the hydraulic system based on the basic elements in the library of SimulationX. And then the dynamic characteristics of the system are simulated. The simulation results and the test results from the test bench are compared to confirm the simulation model. The results show that the simulation model can couple with the real system very well and the simulation model can be confirmed. Based on the confirmed simulation model, the effects of different parameters of the hydraulic system on the characteristics of the system are analyzed. Considering the clutch closing process as the optimization objectives, the parameters of the hydraulic system are optimized to solve the problem of clutch failure successfully. The methods in this paper can be used in hydraulic system design and shift control strategy optimization.
CitationShuhan, W., Xiangyang, X., Yanfang, L., and Zhenkun, D., "Dynamic Characteristic Simulation of AT Hydraulic System," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1683, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-1683.
- Pan Chung-Hung Moskwa John J. Dynamic modeling and simulation of the Ford AOD Automobile Transmission[J] Electronic Transmission Controls of SAE 1996 111 120
- Megli T.W. Haghgooie M. Colvin D.S. Shift characteristics of a 4-Speed automatic transmission[J] Electronic Transmission Controls of SAE 1999 277 289
- Nenglian Feng Muqiao Zheng Biao Ma Dynamic performance simulation of power shift clutch during shift[J] Journal of Beijing Institute of Technology 2000 9 4 445 450
- Biao Ma Influence cushioning pressure characteristics on shift clutch engagement process[J] Journal of Beijing Institute of Technology 2000 9 4 362 369
- Lee Hyoun-Woo Cho Baek-Hyun Lee Won-Hi A Study on Response Improvement of Proportional Control Solenoid Valve for Automatic Transmission[J] Seoul 2000 FISITA World Automotive Congress (FISITA 2000) 2000 463 468
- Wang Yanying Kraska M. Ortmann W. Dynamic modeling of a variable force solenoid and a clutch for hydraulic control in vehicle transmission system[J] American Control Conference 2001 1789 1793