This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modeling and Optimizing Handling Parameters of a Series Hybrid Electric City Bus Using Adams/Car
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 23, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes the modeling and handling analysis of a series hybrid electric two-axle city bus. In addition, it compares the handling performance of hybrid electric bus with that of the corresponding conventional bus using computer aided simulation. Furthermore, this paper tries to optimize the handling parameters to obtain the best performance. These simulations modify the handling behavior of hybrid configuration which is being developed in Vehicle, Fuel, and Environment Research Institute of University of Tehran. First, the subsystems of the conventional vehicle model which have been developed by ADAMS/Car will be described in detail. Then, a comparison between the hybrid electric model and the conventional model for a Single Lane Change and a Sweep Steer will be presented. Finally, some parameters will be modified to optimize handling performance of the hybrid bus.
|Technical Paper||Virtual Test of a Trailer Refrigeration Unit|
|Technical Paper||Vehicular Emission Performance Simulation|
|Technical Paper||Analysis of Numerical Simulation on Reducing Drag of Van Body Truck|
CitationAkhgari, A., Sangtarash, F., Esfahanian, M., and Amiri, M., "Modeling and Optimizing Handling Parameters of a Series Hybrid Electric City Bus Using Adams/Car," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1560, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-1560.
- Ehsani M. Gao Y. Gay S. Emadi A. Modern electric hybrid, and fuel cell vehicles CRC press 2005
- Khanipour A Esfahanian M Sangtarash F Amiri M “An Investigation on The Effect Of Drivetrain Hybridization In A Transit Bus, Series Configuration” Proceedings of ESDA2006, 8th Biennial ASME Conference on Engineering Systems Design and Analysis July 4-7 2006 Torino, Italy
- ADAMS software user guide 2003
- Prado M. Rodivaldo H. Neto A. “Bus handling validation and analysis using ADAMS/Car” 16th European ADAMS User Conference 2001
- Cunha R. Neto A. Prado M. Perseguim O. “Handling analysis of a three-axle intercity bus” 16th European ADAMS User Conference 2001
- Gillespie T. Fundamentals of vehicle dynamics Society of Automotive Engineers 1992
- Rill G. “Vehicle dynamics” Lecture notes Fachhochschule Regensburg 2003