This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Investigations of Effects of Collector on Performances of Automotive Wind Tunnel
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Effects of collector shape on the performance of an automotive wind tunnel are experimentally investigated in a 1:15 model wind tunnel. A few types of collectors, each with different collector shape, were tested. For each collector shape, pressure pulsation level, total sound pressure level, pressure distribution, maximum wind tunnel speed and pressure loss were measured. From these measured data, the effects of collector on the pressure loss, static pressure gradient at the test section, and on the performance of low frequency buffeting were deduced. Based on these data, a preferred collector is suggested.
CitationZheng, Z. and Yang, Z., "Experimental Investigations of Effects of Collector on Performances of Automotive Wind Tunnel," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1206, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-1206.
- The Military Material Editor Committee of The Chief Equipment Department of The Public Liberation Army of China “The Aerodynamic and Structure Design of High and Low Wind Tunnels” National Defense Industry Publishing House of China 32 78 2003
- Arnette Stepphen A. Buchanan Tony D. Zabat Michael “On Low-Frequency Pressure Pulsations and Static Pressure Distribution in Open Jet Automotive Wind Tunnels” 1999 SAE Paper 1999-01-0813
- Zheng Zhiqiang Peng Wei Jin Xiaoxiong “The Study on Acoustic control of Automotive Wind Tunnel” Noise and Vibration Control 26 3 64 66 2006
- Cogotti A. “Update on the Pininfarina Turbulence Generation System and its effects on the Car Aerodynamics and Aeroacoustics” 2004 SAE Paper 2004-01-0807
- Lacey John “A Study of the Pulsations in a 3/4 Open Jet Wind Tunnel” 2002 SAE Paper 2002-01-0251
- Evert Fabian Miehling Hans “Active Suppression of buffeting at the Audi AAWT: operational experiences and enhancements of the control scheme” 2004 SAE Paper 2004-01-0804
- Zengji Cai Tianyu Long “Hydrodynamics Pump and Fan” Architecture Industry Publishing House of China 286 317 1999