This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Use of Powerful Emission Simulation Tools and the Potential Pitfalls to Avoid
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Emission simulations and simulations of aftertreatment systems are often said to be increasingly important in the vehicle and engine design as emission standards are set tighter and development times and costs are decreasing. Virtual design is one of the keywords in defining a successful development process among many OEM:s and suppliers in the automotive industry.
This paper is the result of many years of experience using emission simulations in advanced and product engineering, and will pinpoint the strength and possibilities these simulation efforts have in the development of new emission aftertreatment systems, but also elucidate the many and various aspects that have to be taken into account for a successful usage of simulations in serial development of emission systems, both for gasoline and diesel engines.
CitationEkström, F., Wallin, F., Geyer, D., and Russ, G., "Use of Powerful Emission Simulation Tools and the Potential Pitfalls to Avoid," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-0626, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-0626.
- Matthess, N. Schweich, D. Martin, B. Castagna, F. “From light-off curves to kinetic rate expressions for three-way catalysts” Topics in catalysts 16/17 1-4 119 124 2001
- Ramanathan, K. Vemuri, B. West, D. “Light-off criterion and transient analysis of catalytic monoliths” Chem. Eng. Sc. 58 1381 1405 2003
- Brück, R. Hirth, P. Maus, W. Deutschmann, O. Mladenov, N. “Fundamentals of Laminar and Turbulent Catalysis; Turbulent beats Laminar” Proceedings, 27 th International Vienna Motor Symposium 216 239 2006
- Rieckmann, C. „Lösung des Problems der Diffusion und Reaktion in dreidimensionalen Porennetzwerken für allgemeine Kinetiken - Theoretische und experimentelle Untersuchungen” Technical University Hamburg-Harburg 1997
- Tischer, S. Correa, C. Deutschmann, O. Catalysis Today 69 57 2001
- Russ, G. Flierl, R. Kairies, D. Motortechnische Zeitschrift 6 496 504 2005
- Baba, N. Yokota, K. Matsunaga, S. Kojima, S. Ohsawa, K. Ito, T. Domyo, H. „Numerical Simulation of Deactivation Process of Three-way Catalytic Converters SAE 2000-01-0214