This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Multilevel Predictive Models of IC Engine for Model Predictive Control Implementation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper deals with model based predictive control of combustion engines. Nonlinear black-box predictive models based on neuro-fuzzy approach are utilized. The structure of the models is optimized within an identification process. The nonlinear models are locally linearized and consequently used for the efficient on-line computation of forthcoming control actions. In desire to respect a fact that the speed of input-output response may vary significantly for different input/output groups, multilevel predictive models are proposed. Predictive control is again applied to approximate the desired behavior of chosen output variables. Potential algebraical constraints between different prediction layers are involved in the control algorithm using quadratic programming. The control scheme is optimized using simplified fast simulation model.
- Zbynìk Šika - Czech Technical University in Prague, Josef Božek Research Center
- Michael Valášek - Czech Technical University in Prague, Josef Božek Research Center
- Martin Florián - Czech Technical University in Prague, Josef Božek Research Center
- Jan Macek - Czech Technical University in Prague, Josef Božek Research Center
- Miloš Polášek - Czech Technical University in Prague, Josef Božek Research Center
CitationŠika, Z., Valášek, M., Florián, M., Macek, J. et al., "Multilevel Predictive Models of IC Engine for Model Predictive Control Implementation," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-0209, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-0209.
- Pischinger, S. et al. Investigation of Predictive Models for Application in Engine Cold-Start Behaviour SAE Paper 2004-01-0994 2004
- Winsel, T. et al. Hil-Calibration of SI Engine Cold Start and Warm-Up Using Neural Real-Time Model SAE Paper 2004-01-1362 2004
- Macek, J. et al. Transient Engine Model as a Tool for Predictive Control SAE Paper 2006-01-0659 2006
- Morel, T. et al. Manual for GT Power Gamma Technologies 2004
- Nelles, O. Nonlinear system identification with local linear fuzzy-neuro models Automatisierungs technik Shaker Verlag Aachen 1999
- Štefan, M. Research Report U2052-02-45 FME CTU in Prague Prague 2002
- Camacho, E.F. Bordons, C. Model Predictive Control Springer Verlag Berlin 1999
- Valášek, M. et al. Model Based Predictive Control of Combustion Engine with Constraints Review of Automotive Engineering of Japan SAE 2005 26 3 349 356
- Štefan, M. Šika, Z. Valášek, M. MIMO Neuro-fuzzy Model for Dyn intermediate amic System Prediction, In Proc. of Interaction and Feedbacks 2005 Praha 2005 135 142