This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Forward Sensing System for LKS+ACC
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper discusses the market trends and advantages of a safety system integrating LKS (Lane Keeping System) and ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control), referred to as the LKS+ACC system, and proposes a method utilizing the range data from ACC for the sake of lane detection. The overall structure of lane detection is the same as the conventional method using monocular vision: EDF (Edge Distribution Function)-based initialization, sub-ROI (Region Of Interest) for left/right and distance-based layers, steerable filter-based feature extraction, and model fitting in each sub-ROI. The proposed method adds only the system for confining lane detection ROI to free space that is established by range data. Experimental results indicate that such a simple adaptive ROI can overcome occlusion of lane markings and disturbance of neighboring vehicles.
CitationJung, H., Lee, Y., Yoon, P., and Kim, J., "Forward Sensing System for LKS+ACC," SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-0205, 2008, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-0205.
Intelligent Vehicle Initiative (IVI) Technology Controls and Navigation Systems, 2008
Number: SP-2193 ; Published: 2008-04-14
Number: SP-2193 ; Published: 2008-04-14
- Bishop Richard, Intelligent Vehicle Technology and Trends, Artech House Inc., 2005.
- Toyota, “Environmental & Social Report 2004”, http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/environmental_rep/04/download/pdf/e_s_report_2004.pdf
- The Tundra Solutions, “Fourth-Generation Lexus Flagship Luxury Sedan Features …”, http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/toyota-scion-and-lexus-news/58916-fourth-generation-lexus-flagship-luxury-sedan/
- Lexus Europe, “LS460-Advanced Safety-Lane Keeping Assist”, http://www.lexus-europe.com/lexus_cars/ls/ls460/showcase/index.asp
- The Auto Channel, “Toyota Crown Majesta Undergoes Complete Redesign”, http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2004/07/07/202727.html
- University of Twente, “Summary_seminar: combination and/or integration of longitudinal and lateral support”, http://www.aida.utwente.nl/en/research/Summary_seminar/
- Nissan, “Nissan Releases All-New Cima”, http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS/2001/_STORY/010112-01.html
- Honda, “Safety for everyone in our mobile society”, http://world.honda.com/CSR/pdf/CSR-06-7-Safety-Initiatives.pdf
- PistonHeads, “HONDA ADAS”, http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=52&i=15032
- Honda, “Honda Introduces the All-New Legend”, http://world.honda.com/news/2004/4041007.html
- Honda, “Honda Announces a Full Model Change for the Inspire”, http://world.honda.com/news/2003/4030618_2.html
- Fritz Hans (DaimlerChrysler), et al., “CHAUFFEUR Assistant: A Driver Assistance System for Commercial Vehicles based on Fusion of Advanced ACC and Lane Keeping”, 2004 IEEE Intelligent Vehicle Symposium, 2004.
- Hogema Jeroen (TNO), “Driving behavior effects of the Chauffeur Assistant”, http://www.aida.utwente.nl/en/research/Seminar/slides_JH.ppt
- Bishop Richard (Bishop Consulting), “Societal Benefits of In-Car Technology”, http://www.ivsource.net/public/ppt/BishopDutchRttF.ppt
- van Arem Bart, Schermers Govert, “Exploration of the traffic flow impacts of combined lateral and longitudinal support”, http://www.aida.utwente.nl/en/research/Seminar/slides_GS.ppt
- Cho J. H., Nam H. K., and Lee W. S., “Driver Behavior with Adaptive Cruise Control”, International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol. 7, No. 5, 2006, pp. 603-608.
- Denso, “Sensing System”. http://www.denso.co.jp/en/its/2004/products/pdf/sensingsystem_e.pdf
- Denso, “11th ITS World Congress - Exhibited Product Lineup”, http://www.denso.co.jp/en/its/2004/products/safety2.html
- McCall Joel C. and Trivedi Mohan M., “Video-Based Lane Estimation and Tracking for Driver Assistance: Survey, System, and Evaluation”, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol. 7, No. 1, March 2006, pp. 20-37.
- GUO Lei, LI Keqiang, WANG Jianqiang, LIAN Xiaomin, “A Robust Lane Detection Method Using Steerable Filters”, Proceedings of AVEC '06 (The 8th International Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control), August 20-24, 2006.
- Hoefflinger B., High-Dynamic-Range (HDR) Vision, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2007.
- Mineta K., “Development of a Lane Mark Recognition System for a Lane Keeping Assist System”, SAE Paper No.: 2003-01-0281, 2003.
- Nishida M., Kawakami S., and Watanabe A., “Development of Lane Recognition Algorithm for Steering Assistance System”, SAE Paper No.: 2005-01-1606, 2005.
- Jung C. R. and Kelber C. R., “A Robust Linear-Parabolic Model for Lane Follow”, Proceedings of the XVII Brazilian Symposium in Computer Graphics and Image Processing, Curitiba, Brazil, Vol. 10, pp. 72-79, 2004.