This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Synergies between High EGR Operation and GDI Systems
ISSN: 1946-3936, e-ISSN: 1946-3944
Published April 14, 2008 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Alger, T., Chauvet, T., and Dimitrova, Z., "Synergies between High EGR Operation and GDI Systems," SAE Int. J. Engines 1(1):101-114, 2009, https://doi.org/10.4271/2008-01-0134.
- Lake, T., Stokes J., Murphy R., Osborne R. and Schamel A. (2004), "Turbocharging concepts for downsized DI gasoline engines", SAE Paper 2004-01-0036
- Anderson, R.W., Brehob D.D., Yang J., Vallance J.K. and Whiteaker R.M. (1996), "Understanding the Thermo-dynamics Of Direct Injection Spark Ignition (DISI) Combustion Systems: An Analytical and Experimental Investigation", SAE Paper 962018
- Schwarz, C., Schunemann E., Durst B., Fischer J. and Witt A. (2006), "Potentials of the Spray-Guided BMW DI Combustion System", SAE Paper 2006-01-1265
- Cairns, A., Blaxill H. and Irlam G. (2006), "Exhaust Gas Recirculation for Improved Part and Full Load Fuel Economy in a Turbocharged Gasoline Engine", SAE Paper 2006-01-0047
- Duchaussoy, Y., Lefebvre A. and Bonetto R. (2003), "Dilution Interest on Turbocharged SI Engine Combustion", SAE Paper 2003-01-0629
- Alger, T., Hall M. and Matthews R.D. (1999), "Fuel Spray Dynamics and Fuel Vapor Concentration Near the Spark Plug in a Direct-Injected 4-Valve SI Engine", SAE Paper 1999-01-0497
- Brehob, D.D., Fleming J., Haghgooie M. and Stein R. (1998), "Stratified-Charge Engine Fuel Economy and Emission Characteristics", SAE Paper 982704
- Kano, M., Saito K., Basaki M., Matsushita S. and Gohno T. (1998), "Analysis of Mixture Formation of Direct Injection Gasoline Engine", SAE Paper 980157
- Iwamoto, Y., Noma K., Yamauchi T. and Nakayama O. (1997), "Development of the Gasoline Direct Injection Engine", SAE Paper 970541
- Matthews, R.D., Stovell C.H., Johnson B.E., Ng H. and Larsen B. (1999), "Effects of Load on Emissions and NOx Trap/Catalyst Efficiency for a Direct Injection Spark Ignition Engine", SAE Paper 1999-01-1528
- Stovell, C.H., Matthews R.D., Johnson B.E., Ng H. and Larsen B. (1999), "Emissions and Fuel Economy of a 1998 Toyota with a Direct Injection Spark Ignition Engine", SAE Paper 1999-01-1527
- Ikoma, T., Abe S., Sonoda Y., Suzuki H., Suzuki Y. and Basaki M. (2006-01-1259), "Development of V-6 3.5-liter Engine Adopting New Direct Injection System", SAE Paper 2006-01-1259
- Stokes, J., Lake T. and Osborne R. (2000), "A Gasoline Concept for Improve Fuel Economy - The Lean Boost System", SAE Paper 2000-01-2902
- Petrol Engines in the BMW Group / PSA Peugeot Citroën Cooperation. December 2004.
- Alger, T., Gingrich J. and Mangold B. (2007), "The Effect of Hydrogen Enrichment on EGR Tolerance in Spark Ignited Engines ", SAE Paper 2007-01-0475
- Alger, T., Hahne S., Roberts C. and Ryan T. (2005), "The Heavy Duty Gasoline Engine - A Multi-Cylinder Study of a High Efficiency, Low Emission Technology", SAE Paper 2005-01-1135
- Alger, T., Mangold B., Mehta D. and Roberts C. (2006), "The Effect of Sparkplug Design on Initial Flame Kernel Development and Sparkplug Performance", SAE Paper 2006-01-0224
- Roberts, C., Snyder J.C., Stovell C.H., Dodge L., Ryan T. and Stanglmaier R. (2004), "The Heavy-Duty Gasoline Engine - An alternative to meet emissions standards of tomorrow", SAE Paper 2004-01-0984
- Leone, T., Christenson E. and Stein R. (1996), "Comparison of Variable Camshaft Timing Strategies at Part Load", SAE Paper 960584
- Stein, R., Gailetti K. and Leone T. (1995), "Dual Equal VCT - A Variable Camshaft Timing Strategy for Improved Fuel Economy and Emissions", SAE Paper 950975
- Cho, H., Lee K., Lee J., Yoo J. and Min K. (2001), "Measurements and Modeling of Residual Gas Fraction in SI Engines", SAE Paper 2001-01-1910
- Fox, J., Cheng W. and Heywood J. (1993), "A Model for Predicting Residual Gas Fraction in Spark- Ignition Engines", SAE Paper 931025
- Alger, T. and Wooldridge S. (2004), "Analysis and Modeling of the Residual Gas Fraction in an SI Engine with Variable Cam Timing", SAE Paper 2004-01-1356
- Glassman, I., Combustion. 1996, San Diego: Academic Press, Inc.
- Heywood, J.B., Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals. 1988, New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, Inc.
- NASA Glenn Research Center, CEA2. 2002.