This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of High-Performance FRP Crash Boxes (A Report on FRP Working Group Activity: Stochastic Evaluation of Energy Absorption Performance)
Published October 01, 2007 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Autumn Conference
We have been researching the energy absorption of FRP tubes so far in our WG activity. Based on such a valuable knowledge, we are trying to apply the FRPs as crash absorbers for vehicles. These FRP crash boxes are light-weight and low-priced products because the resin of these crash boxes is the thermoplastic polypropylene and the fiber is the continuous strand mat. We had initially surveyed the energy absorption properties of FRP crash box. And the reliability of FRP crash box is investigated by experimental and numerical technology.
- Manabu Ushiro - Mitsubishi Motors Corp.
- Akihiko Goto - Osaka Sangyo Univ.
- Yasuo Yamane - Honda R&D Co., Ltd.
- Mitsugu Koide - SUZUKI MOTOR CORP.
- Hiroshi Hanada - Mazda Motor Corp.
- Rokuro Sakai - Sakai Industries, Ltd.
- Tamotsu Nakatani - Japan Automobile Research Institute
- Yoshihiro Sukegawa - Japan Automobile Research Institute
- Koji Kawamura - Quadrant Plastic Composites Japan Ltd.
- Shuichi Ishida - JRI Solutions, Limited
- Atsushi Yokoyama - Kyoto Institute of Technology
- Motoharu Tateishi - MSC Software
- Asao Koike - ISUZU Central R&D Labs.
- Tadashi Uozumi - Murata Machinery