This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Carbon Canister Adsorbent for Mixed Ethanol Fuel
Published May 23, 2007 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Spring Conference
Recently, mixed ethanol fuel has become a promising alternative biofuel for vehicles. With such change, development of carbon canisters to prevent the diffusion of fuel evaporative emission is also required in order to comply with regulations. In this study, a new adsorbent in carbon canister was developed and tested. Results show that the carbon canister with the new adsorbent for the mixed ethanol fuel satisfies the regulation that of carbon canister for gasoline.
- Fujio Watanabe - Aichi Institute of Technology
- Masanobu Hasatani - Aichi Institute of Technology
- Jun Kobayashi - Nagoya Univ.
- Noriyuki Kobayashi - Nagoya Univ.
- Koji Yamasaki - MAHLE Filter Systems Japan Corp.
- Tsugio Suzuki - MAHLE Filter Systems Japan Corp.
- Tatsuya Asano - FUJI SILYSIA CHEMICAL LTD.