This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study on Dynamic Responses of the Vehicle Handling Models with a Speed-sensitive Hydraulic Power Steering System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 30, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this work, a speed-sensitive electronically controlled hydraulic power steering (ECHPS) system is analyzed. The use of an electro-hydraulic transducer and a hydraulic bypass in parallel with the hydraulic power steering system makes it possible to vary steering effort with vehicle speed. In order to research the dynamic responses of the vehicle with the ECHPS system during maneuvers, an ECHPS model and a vehicle handling model are developed. These models can be used for performance evaluation of the steering motion of the vehicles, and also for the design of new power steering system.
CitationGuo, X., Ji, X., and Liu, Y., "Study on Dynamic Responses of the Vehicle Handling Models with a Speed-sensitive Hydraulic Power Steering System," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-4239, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-4239.
- Shaoguang Wang Qunsheng Xia et al. “Automobile Electronics” Tsinghua University Press Beijing, China 2005
- Pfeffer Peter E. Johnston Nigel D. et al. “Energy Consumption of Electro-Hydraulic Steering Systems” SAE Paper 2005-01-1262 2005
- Proca Amuliu Bogdan Keyhani Ali “Identification of Power Steering System Dynamic Models” Mechatronics 8 255 270 1998
- Kemmetmüller Wolfgang et al. “Modeling and Nonlinear Control of an Electro-hydraulic Closed-center Power-steering System” Proceeding of the 44th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control Dec 12-15 5077 5082 2005
- Badawy Aly et al. “Development of a New Concept of Electrically Powered Hydraulic Steer” SAE Paper 2004-01-2070 2004
- Kang Wonho Sim Chang-Seob et al. “Modeling of a Hydraulic Power Steering System and Its Application to Steering Damper Development” SAE Paper 2005-01-1263 2005
- Satake Toshihide et al. “Evaluation of EPS Control Strategy Using Driving Simulator for EPS” SAE Paper 2003-01-0582 2003
- Guobiao Shi et al. “Simulation of Straight-Line Type Assist Characteristic of Electric Power-Assisted Steering” SAE Paper 2004-01-1107 2004
- Thomas Andrew “Development of the Bishop ATS Rotary Valve” SAE Paper 970380 1997
- Bi Daning “Design and Application of Automotive Rotary Valve Power Steering Gear”̲ People Transportation Press Beijing, China 1998
- Zeng Jongli Liu Rong “Calculation and Analysis of Static Pressure Characteristics at the Arbitrary-curve- trimmed Rectangular Valve Port of Automotive Power Steering Gear” Automobile Technology 12 14 16 2003