This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Model-Based Design of Complex Integrated Systems for Synchronous Architectures
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 17, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Development and verification of systems for internal aircraft networks include multiple software layers. These layers are mainly the application-specific components, communication layers, redundancy management and other system services. Verification of these system layers in the early stages of the design process, before a physical network is available, and during the design process has become a critical need in order to reduce design costs and project risks. Time-Triggered Architectures (TTA) and SCADE are both well-established technologies and tools for building safety-critical embedded systems. Both are based on the synchronous paradigm; TTA for the communication infrastructure and distributed embedded computing, and SCADE for simulating and generating code for the application components. This paper describes a methodology to integrate a model-based SCADE design into a Time-Triggered Architecture (TTA) when physical distribution of fault-tolerant applications onto several electronic control units (ECUs) is required.
|Technical Paper||Model-Based Development of Distributed Embedded Real-Time Systems with the DECOS Tool-Chain|
|Technical Paper||Aerionics - A New Aero Industry for Flight Control|
|Technical Paper||Automotive Electronics-A Challenge for Systems Engineering|
CitationGriebel, H., Dion, B., Le Sergent, T., and Martin, B., "Model-Based Design of Complex Integrated Systems for Synchronous Architectures," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3826, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-3826.
- Dion Bernard Correct-by-Construction Methods for the Development of Safety-Critical Applications SAE World Congress, Paper # 4AE-129 Detroit March 2004
- TTP/C Specification, http://www.ttagroup.org/
- Kopetz Hermann “Real-Time Systems: Design Principles for Distributed Embedded Applications,” Kluwer Academic Publishers 1997
- ARP 4754: Certification Considerations for Highly Integrated or Complex Aircraft Systems SAE 1996
- DO-178B: Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification RTCA 1992
- DO-254: Design Assurance Guidance for Airborne Electronics Hardware.