This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of the Acousti-Cap™ Technology for Double-Layer Acoustic Liners in Aircraft Engine Nacelles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 17, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Acoustically absorptive liners are used in the inlet and exhaust ducts of commercial aircraft engines. A double layer acoustic liner consists of a porous face sheet, a porous septum, an impervious back sheet, and a honeycomb structure. The Acousti-Cap™ technology, developed by Hexcel Corporation, is a significant innovation in the manufacture of double layer acoustic liners. It consists of a non-metallic permeable cap material embedded into each cell of the honeycomb core to create an acoustic septum. This paper presents details of the extensive acoustic testing and analysis carried out to support the development of acoustic liners with embedded mesh-caps.
|Technical Paper||Aircraft Crash Safety Research in Australia|
|Technical Paper||Aircraft Personal Ventilation: A CFD Thermal Comfort Analysis|
|Technical Paper||Digital Human Modeling for Universal Design|
CitationSyed, A., Ichihashi, F., Smith, C., and Ayle, E., "Development of the Acousti-Cap™ Technology for Double-Layer Acoustic Liners in Aircraft Engine Nacelles," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3792, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-3792.
- Motsinger, R.E. Syed A. A. Manley M. B. “The Measurement of the Steady Flow Resistance of Porous Materials,” AIAA-83-0779, 8th Aero-Acoustics Conference in Atlanta Georgia April 1983
- Syed, Asif A. Michael J. Perrino “The effects of manufacturing processes on the discharge coefficient of the perforated face sheet of an acoustic liner,” paper presented at INTER NOISE 2006 December 3-5 Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
- ASTM E-1050 “Impedance and Absorption of Acoustical Materials Using a Tube, Two Microphones and a Digital Frequency Analysis System.”
- Syed, Asif A. “Acoustic Impedance Measurement System (AIMS),” paper presented during NOISE-CON 85 Ohio State University Columbus, Ohio June 1985
- Syed, Asif A. “Acoustic Impedance Measurement,” United States Patent Number 4,537,630 27 August 1985
- Kraft, R. E. Yu J. Kwan H. W. NASA CR-1999-209120 “Acoustic Treatment Design Scaling Methods - Volume 2: Advanced Treatment Impedance Models for High Frequency Ranges.” April 1999
- Syed, Asif A. Yu Jia Kwan H. W. Chien E. “The steady Flow Resistance of Perforated Sheet Materials in High Speed Grazing Flows,” NASA / CR-2002-211749