This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Effect of New Shape Support Material for the Lean Nox Trap Catalyst on its Catalytic Characteristics
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 05, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The new shape ceria-based support material for a lean NOx trap catalyst (LNT) was developed and its catalytic characteristics were investigated. It has a unique shape that each fine particle of raw material is formed into hollow sphere. Samples of platinum loaded powder catalysts were obtained with either the hollow sphere ceria-based material or two kinds of the conventional shape one, and their catalytic activities were evaluated with the synthetic gas. The aged powder catalyst using the hollow sphere ceria-based material had higher CO oxidation performance at low temperature as compared to the conventional shape one with the same composition. The characterization results indicated that the hollow sphere ceria-based material had high thermal stability.
CitationMiyoshi, S., Harada, K., Iwakuni, H., Yamada, H. et al., "The Effect of New Shape Support Material for the Lean Nox Trap Catalyst on its Catalytic Characteristics," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3732, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-3732.
- Miyoshi Naoto Matsumoto S. Katoh K. Tanaka T. Harada J. Takahashi N. Yokota K. Sgiura M. Kasahara K. “Development of New Concept Three-Way Catalyst for Automotive Lean-Burn Engines” SAE Paper no. 950809
- Hepburn Jeffery S. Thanasiu Eva Dobson Douglas A. Watkins William L ‘Experimental and Modeling Investigation of NOx Trap Performance,” SAE 962051
- Brogan M. Clark A. Brisley R. “Recent Progress in NO x Trap Technology” SAE Paper no. 980933
- Theis J. Ura J. Li J. Surnilla G. Roth J. Goralski C. Jr. “NO x Release Characteristics of Lean NO x Traps during Rich Purges” SAE Paper No. 2003-01-1159
- Theis Joseph R. Ura Justin A. Goralski Christian T., Jr Jen Hungwen H. Thanasiu Eva E. Graves Yasmenia B. Takami Akihide Yamada Hiroshi Miyoshi Seiji “The Effect of Ceria Content on the Performance of a Nox Trap” SAE Paper No. 2003-01-1160