This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simplified Side Impact Test Methodologies for Door Interior Trim Armrest in Automotive Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 05, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The complete evaluation of the side vehicle structure and occupant protection is only possible by the full-scale side impact crash test. But auto part manufactures, such as door trim makers can't conduct the test especially when the vehicle is under developing process. And important information and components for estimating crash performance is restricted. With the proposed design procedure for the door trim by a simple impact test method was demonstrated to evaluate the abdominal injury. In addition to simple test, Euro-NCAP test result that is conducted by referenced full-scale test in Korea is compared with several test results. In conclusion, this simple test method have similar trend for abdominal injury index so that it is possible to present guidelines of door armrest design to carmaker at the early stages of vehicle program development.
- Hyunchul Lee - R&D Center of HANIL E-HWA Corporation
- Hyunmin Park - R&D Center of HANIL E-HWA Corporation
- Hyunghyun Na - R&D Center of HANIL E-HWA Corporation
- Jongsoo Kim - R&D Center of HANIL E-HWA Corporation
- Ohhwan Jeon - R&D Center of HANIL E-HWA Corporation
- Ikkeun Jang - R&D Center of HANIL E-HWA Corporation
- Youn Younghan - Korea University of Technology and Education
CitationLee, H., Park, H., Na, H., Kim, J. et al., "Simplified Side Impact Test Methodologies for Door Interior Trim Armrest in Automotive Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3722, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-3722.
- Hyunjin Choi 2004 “A Study of Development and Application for Side Impact Sled Test,” Transactions of KSAE, Vol 12 1 138 144 2004
- Kent R.W. et al 2000 Structural stiffness, elastic recovery, and occupant inertial effects on measured door response in a laterally struck vehicle, Int. J. Crash 235 248
- Teng T.L et al 2006 “Development and Validation of Side Impact Sled Testing FE Model” SAE Paper No. 950877
- Steffan H. et al 2003 “HyperG-a new Hydro Pneumatic Catapult Type Sled” SAE Paper No. 2003-;01-0496
- Youn Younghan Lee Hyunchul et al 2006 “Nobel target approaches for side impact injury assessment in door trim by the simple impactor” 31 ST FISTA World Automotive Congress, F2006M148
- Annette L.Irwin et al “Comparison of the EUROSID and SID Impact Response to the Response Corridors of the International Standards Organization.” Society of Automotive Engineers Paper No. 890604
- Cliff C.Chou et al “A review of Side impact Component test Methodologies” Int.J.Vehicle Safety,Vol 2 1/2 2007
- EEVC-WG12 Report, Status of Side Impact Dummy Developments in Europe, document no 101, page 40 May 2000