This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulator for Vehicle Adaptive Cruise Control Systems by Using xPC Target
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 05, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A HIL simulator for developing vehicle adaptive cruise control systems is presented in this paper. The xPC target is used to establish real-time simulation environment. The simulator is composed of a virtual vehicle model, real components of an ACC system like ECU, electronic throttle and braking modulator, a user interface to facilitate simulation, and brake and accelerator pedals to make interactive driver inputs easier. The vehicle model is validated against data from field test. Tests of an ACC controller in the real-time are conducted on the simulator.
CitationLi-jun, W., Jian-qiang, W., and Sheng-bo, L., "A Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulator for Vehicle Adaptive Cruise Control Systems by Using xPC Target," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3596, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-3596.
- Yan Quan-Zhong Willianms John Li Jim Chassis Control System Development Using Simulation: Software in the Loop, Rapid Prototyping, and Hardware in the Loop SAE paper 2002-01-1565
- Feng GAO Jianqiang WANG Dezao HOU et al. Electronically Assisted Braking System for Vehicles Based on A high-speed on/off Valve Journal of Tsinghua University 2004 44 11 1532 1535
- Hirschberg Wolfgang Rill Georg Weinfurter Heinz User-appropriate Tyre-modelling for Vehicle Dyanmics in Standard and Limit Situations Vehicle System Dynamics 2002 38 2 103 125
- Li-jun WU Zhao-du LIU Yue-feng MA Longitudinal Control Strategy for Vehicle Adaptive Cruise Control. Systems Journal of Beijing Institute of Technology 2007 16 1 28 33
- Giivenc Bilin Aksun Kural Emre Adaptive Cruise Control Simulator: A Low-cost, Multiple-driver-in-the-loop Simulator IEEE Control Systems Magazine 2006 26 3 42 55