This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Advanced Loop Heat Pipe Evaporator with Ceramic Nanostructured Composite of Alumina, Alumina-Silica Oxide as a Wick Structure
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 09, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Nowadays LHP (CPL) is widely used in thermal control systems for space and ground applications. Wick structure is a key element which plays at least two roles: capillary pump to move a working fluid from condenser to the heat loaded zone and thermal and hydraulic breaker between liquid and vapor in LHP (CPL). This paper is devoted to the R&D of LHP with advanced low-cost ceramic wick structure, which has a high capillary pressure head and low thermal conductivity. First set of tests with acetone as a working fluid was done in Porous Media Laboratory, Minsk, Belarus to prove the possibility to use such kind of wick in present and future designs of LHP (CPL).
CitationVasiliev, L., "Advanced Loop Heat Pipe Evaporator with Ceramic Nanostructured Composite of Alumina, Alumina-Silica Oxide as a Wick Structure," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3192, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-3192.
- Hambir S., Jog J. P., Sintering of ultra high molecular weight polyethylene, Bull. Mater, Sci., Indian Academy of Sciences, 2000 (23). No3, pp-221-226
- Means of manufacturing sintered porous materials from nickel powder, USSR Inventors Certificate 703976, 1979.
- Means of manufacturing sintered porous materials from titanium powder, USSR Inventors Certificate 1034273, 1983.
- Kuskov G.V. and Maydanik Yu.F., Titanium porous materials for capillary structures of heat pipes, Powder Metal. 1 (1983), pp. 36-38 (in Russian)
- Kuskov G.V. and Maydanik Yu.F., Investigation of structural and hydraulic properties of capillary-porous materials for heat pipes, Eng.-Phys. J. 50 (1986) (4), pp. 582-588 (in Russian).
- TANG, F.; FUDOUZI, H.; UCHIKOSHI, T., SAKKA, Y. Preparation of porous materials with controlled pore size and porosity. J. Eur. Ceram. Soc., v. 24, pp. 341-344, 2004
- Suzdalev T. P. and Suzdalev P.I. Nanoclasters and nanocluster systems. /In Russian, Chemistry 2001. V.70, Nº3, pp.203-240.
- Heat Transfer with Propane Evaporation from a Porous Wick of Heat Pipe / Vasiliev L.L., Zhuravlyov A.S., NovikovM.N., Vasiliev L.L. Jr. // Journal of Porous Media. - 2001, V.4, Nº2. pp. 103-111.
- Peterson G.P.. An Introduction to Heat Pipes. John Wiley & Sons (1994).,
- Riehl R.R. and Bazzo E., Comparison between acetone and ammonia on the thermal performance of a small-scale capillary pumped two-phase loop. Space Technology and Applications International Forum (STAIF-2003). American Institute of Physics Conference Proceedings, Albuquerque, NM 654 1 (2003), pp. 80-87
- Vasiliev Leonid, LOSSOUARN David, ROMESTANT Cyril, ALEXANDRE Alain, BERTIN Yves. Loop heat pipe for cooling of high power IGBT modules. In Proc. of 14th International Heat Pipe Conference (14th IHPC), Florianópolis, Brazil, April 22-27, 2007.
- Lossouarn David, Romestant Cyril, Alexandre Alain, Bertin Yves, Vassiliev Leonid. Etude de boucles diphasiques à fortes densités de flux de chaleur pour application terrestre, Congrès SFT 2006, Ile de Ré, 16-19 Mai 2006.