This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modeling and Correlation of an Actively-Controlled Single Phase Mechanically-Pumped Fluid Loop
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 09, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes the transient simulation of a single-phase mechanically pumped fluid loop (MPFL) thermal control system, developed in the frame of the European Space Agency ARTES 8 (Advanced Research in Telecommunication Systems - Large Platform Program) program. MPFL is intended to cool a part of the payload on a high power telecommunication satellite.
A transient simulation has been implemented using ESATAN/FHTS; hence the results have been correlated with the test results, obtained from full scale MPFL testing, using real on-orbit profiles. The most considerable parts of the activities described herein are simulation of the thermal control law, verification of control parameters during thermo-hydraulic testing and the subsequent correlation.
- Evgeny Kotlyarov - Bradford Engineering BV
- Richard Reuvers - Bradford Engineering BV
- Patrick van Put - Bradford Engineering BV
- Tisna Tjiptahardja - European Space Agency
- Anne Sophie Galouye-Merino - Alcatel Alenia Space
- Patrick Hugonnot - Alcatel Alenia Space
- Bernie Daly - Alcatel Alenia Space Consultant
CitationKotlyarov, E., Reuvers, R., van Put, P., Tjiptahardja, T. et al., "Modeling and Correlation of an Actively-Controlled Single Phase Mechanically-Pumped Fluid Loop," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3122, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-3122.
- Persson Jan Mascellani Ettore Pavarani Alberto Vaccaneo Paolo Szigetvari Zoltan Columbus Active Thermal Control Equipment Development # 2005-01-2769 SAE Technical Paper, 35 th ICES July 2005
- Paris Anthony D. Bhandari Pradeep Birur Gajanana “High Temperature Mechanically Pumped Fluid Loop for Space Application - Working Fluid Selection” SAE Technical Paper # 2004-01-2415 , 34 th ICES July 2004
- NPO PM Krasnoyarsk, Express-AM http://www.npopm.ru
- Matthijssen R. Van Put P.A.G. Van der List “Development of an Advanced Mechanically Pumped Fluid Loop for Thermal Control of Large Future Telecommunication Platforms” http://www.bradford-space.com
- ESA, ARTES8, MPFL http://telecom.esa.int
- ALSTOM Power Aerospace Software Information http://www.techcentreuk.power.alstom.com
- ESATAN User Manual