This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Comparative Study of Oxidative Stability among Different Samples of Biodiesel
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 28, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The knowledge of information regarding the biodiesel's oxidative stability can prevent problems with handling, transport, storage and use of this fuel. The present article studies the oxidative behavior of samples of biodiesel produced by methyl route from soybean, rapeseed, sunflower and corn oils and lard through adaptation of the methodology of evaluation of the oxidation stability of gasoline D525 (Induction Period) and determination of the acid number. Moreover, this work presents a comparative thermal study between the vegetal oil samples and bathes, used as raw materials, and its respective products of the transesterification.
Citationde Rezende, D., de Andrade Ávila, R., do Nascimento, S., and dos Reis, M., "Comparative Study of Oxidative Stability among Different Samples of Biodiesel," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2847, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-2847.
- Ferrari, R. A. Oliveira, V. S. Scabio, A. Oxidative stability of biodiesel from soybean oil fatty acid ethyl esters 62 3 291 295 2005
- Waynick, J. A et al. Characterization of Biodiesel Oxidation and Oxidation Products Letter Report No. SwRI 08-10721-2005 For National Renewable Energy Laboratory august 2005
- Lutterbach, M. et al. Avaliação da Tendência à Biocorrosão e da Estabilidade à Oxidação de Biodiesel Metílico de Soja e Mistura B5 http://www.biodiesel.gov.br/docs/congressso2006/Armazenamento/AvaliacaoTendencia8.pdf may 23 2007
- Santos, J. A. Produtos Petrobras. Gasolina Automotiva a November 2000
- Westbrook, S. R. An Evaluation and Comparison or Test Methods to Measure the Oxidation Stability of Neat Biodiesel National Renewable Energy Laboratory San Antonio, Texas November 2005
- Dantas, H. J. et al. june 08 2007
- Ionashiro, M. Giolito, I. Nomenclature, standards and presentation of the results in thermal analysis Department of Basic Chemistry, Institute of Chemistry of the University of São Paulo São Paulo, SP, Brazil
- Souza, A. G de A thermoanalytic and kinetic study of sunflower oil Brazilian Journal of Chemical Engineering 21 02 265 273 April-June 2004