This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Difficulties to Implement a Product Development Process
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 28, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The target of all product development engineering departments is to design products efficiently. To do that the organizations needs a solid development process that drives the product development team to achieve the performance, cost, quality, reliability and manufacturability objectives. If the objective and the way to achieve it are so clear, why is the implementation of a “product development” process not easy? The answer lies in the way the process is implemented. In most organizations is so dramatic and painful because the upper management team is not engaged to promote these changes. The concepts and benefits of these changes are not fully comprehended by the engineers and their support staff.
Citationde Miranda, A., "The Difficulties to Implement a Product Development Process," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2779, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-2779.
- Managing the Design Factory Book Reinertsen Donald G.
- Software engineering A Practitioner's Approach Pressman Roger S.
- Capability Maturity Model and Integration
- Practical Product Assurance Management Book Bieda John
- Software System Testing and Quality Assurance Beiser Boris 1996
- Software Engineering Concepts Fairley Richard E.