This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Presentation of the new third Generation “Green” injector Family, PICO-ECOlogical, developed for further Improvement of Flex-fuel Engine Performance.
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 28, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper presents a description of the development phases of the new third generation of “green” fuel injectors. The development objective for the new PICO-ECOlogical injector was to define a layout, which enables an optimal parameter configuration for both the mixture preparation (high flexibility to adapt different atomizer plate structures) and the manufacturing processes.
It is demonstrated in which way the use of high-level numerical simulation and visualization techniques have become an integrated part of the development process. A detailed description is given of the new layout with respect to earlier versions and the advantageous new features obtained are discussed.
Test results obtained by the new 3rd-generation injector layout are presented. The impact of the improved dynamic response capability is explained and experimental data at both engine test rig and vehicle FTP-cycle conditions are reported and discussed.
|Technical Paper||Condensation Simulations of Automotive Lighting Assemblies|
|Technical Paper||Statistical Analysis of Rigid Body Modes of Engine Mounting System Due to Mount Rates Variability|
|Technical Paper||Advances in Industrial Modal Analysis|
CitationPontoppidan, M., Bonfiglioli, S., and Montanari, G., "Presentation of the new third Generation “Green” injector Family, PICO-ECOlogical, developed for further Improvement of Flex-fuel Engine Performance.," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2749, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-2749.
- The European Requirement.” Proceedings from Engine and Environment Graz September 1997
- Bergstroem K Melin S. A. Coleman J. “The New ECOTEC Turbo Bio-Power Engine from GM-Powertrain - Utilizing the Power of Nature's resources.” 2007 221 257
- Pontoppidan M. Bella G. Rocco V. “Mixture formation in SI-Engine intake Systems - A simplified theoretical Model with Experimental Verification.” ASME 1996 Spring Congress
- Pontoppidan M Gaviani G. Bella G. Rocco V. “Direct Fuel Injection - A Study of Injector Requirements for Different Mixture Preparation Concepts” SAE Paper 970628
- Pontoppidan M Gaviani G. Bella G. Rocco V. “Improvements of GDI-Injector Optimization Tools for Enhanced SI-Engine Combustion Chamber Layout.” SAE Paper 980494
- Pontoppidan M Demaio A. Bella G. Rocco V. “ Enhanced use of 3-D CFD and Combustion Simulation to Optimize the Development of ECU-Control Algorithms for GDI Spark Ignited Engines.” ICE 99 - Proceedings
- Pontoppidan M. “Combined use of 3D-CFD Simulation and direct Visualization Techniques to decrease the Optimization Procedure Complexity of Combustion chamber Layout and Engine Control Pre-mapping operation necessary for Online Engine Test rig Optimization.” 2002 Baden-Baden 137 147
- Pontoppidan M. Gaviani G. Bella G. Demaio A. “Optimization by CFD simulation of Spray formation Parameters to adapt Direct Injection high-pressure Fuel injectors to high-speed SI-engines.” SAE paper 2004-01-0539
- Pontoppidan M. Bonfiglioli S. Damasceno F. Montanari G. “Mixture Preparation Optimization by CFD of a Flex-Vehicle (gasoline/ethanol) Intake System Layout” SAE-Brazil paper 2004
- Pontoppidan M. Bonfiglioli S. Damasceno F. Montanari G. “Detailed Study of Ethanol In-cylinder Combustion Behavior by means of a Numerical Virtual Engine Model Approach” SAE-Brazil paper 2005
- Pontoppidan M. Bonfiglioli S. Montanari G. Bucci A. Ewald P “Description of preliminary Study for Technology Transfer of an Ethanol Mixture Preparation System from Automotive Application to a 4-Cylinder 5.9 liter Aircraft Engine.” SAE-Brazil paper 2006-01-2878
- Pontoppidan M. Bonfiglioli S. Montanari Ewald P “Description of Technology Development Methods used to Implement Ethanol Mixture Preparation Systems on both Automotive and Aviation SI-engines.” Proceedings of XVI ISAF-convention on Alcohol Fuels Rio de Janeiro November 2006
- Warnecke W. Wilbrand K. Scholey H. „The Drive for Energy Independence in the Next Decades - Fuels of the Future.” 28 TH Wiener Motoren Symposium 2007 VDI Verlag 1 22