This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Engine Front Cover Radiated Noise Estimation using Statistical Energy Analysis Approach
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 15, 2007 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Noise radiated by engine front cover is estimated using statistical energy analysis approach. Correlations are made with the results obtained using FEM and BEM approaches. Parametric studies are also carried out to assess the regions of applicability of the SEA approach for this class of structures.
|Technical Paper||Brake Squeal Analysis by Finite Elements|
|Technical Paper||High Frequency Brake Squeal Prediction Index for Disc In-plane Mode|
|Technical Paper||Perforated Damping Treatment; A Novel Approach to Reduction of Weight|
CitationDhulipudi, M., Sivakumar, J., and Prakash, J., "Engine Front Cover Radiated Noise Estimation using Statistical Energy Analysis Approach," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2301, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-2301.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Hirakawa N et.al. Study on predictive evaluation method of noise generated by engine SAE- 951758
- Styer G Campbell B Simulation of radiated noise from a transmission side cover SAE- 972022
- Hong KL Tathavadekar P Raveendra ST On the evaluation of radiated sound field of engine covers SAE 2001-01-1412
- Y Charles Lu D'Souja Karl Acoustic analysis of isolated engine valve covers SAE 2003-01-1674
- Wu L Agren A Applicability of the experimental statistical energy analysis to an engine structure SAE- 951304
- Kaminsk C Unglenieks R Statistical energy analysis of noise and vibration from an automotive engine SAE 971975
- Yamazaki Toru et.al Applicability of experimental statistical energy analysis to an engine structure JSAE Review 24 263 267 2003
- AutoSea2 ESI Software 2006