This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Determining the Important Degrees of Freedom in Road Reproductions
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 15, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper, singular value decomposition, principle component analysis and multicoherence analysis is used to evaluate the number of important degrees of freedom in acceleration based road load data, which constitute the targets for road reproduction experiments on a hydraulic shaker table. It is therefore important to determine from this road data how many degrees of freedom need to be included in the road reproduction experiments.
The multi-axial nature of the input and the suspension response is illustrated based on target data from different road surfaces, acquired on the road and on the road dynamometer, as well as on the reproduction results of these tracks using tire patch and spindle based excitation on the K.U.Leuven high frequency multi-axial shaker table.
|Technical Paper||Analysis of Tire/Road Noise Caused by Road Impact Excitations|
|Technical Paper||The Grip Evaluation and Management Device|
|Journal Article||Hydroplaning Behavior during Steady- State Cornering Maneuvers|
CitationDe Coninck, F., Sas, P., and Desmet, W., "Determining the Important Degrees of Freedom in Road Reproductions," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2250, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-2250.
- De Coninck F. Desmet W. Sas P. De Cuyper J. Increasing the Accuracy of MDOF Road Reproduction Experiments: Experimental Validation Proceedings of the 2005 SAE Noise and Vibration Conference Traverse City (MI) CD-Rom May 16-19 2005 SAE 2005 Transactions Journal of Passenger cars - Mechanical Systems 2722 2736 SAE 2005-01-2393 March 2006
- De Coninck F. Vaes D. Swevers J. Desmet W. Sas P. Non-Linear MDOF Vehicle Suspension Testing Proceedings of the International Modal Analysis Conference IMAC XXII Dearborn (MI) CD-Rom January 26-29 2004
- De Coninck F. Vaes D. Swevers J. Desmet W. Sas P. Vehicle Suspension and Structure Borne Road Noise Testing on a 6-DOF High Frequency Shaker Table: First Outlines Proceedings of Fisita 2004, World Automotive Congress Barcelona (Spain) CD-Rom May 23-27 2004
- De Coninck F. Desmet W. Sas P. Increasing the Accuracy of MDOF Road Reproduction Experiments: Calibration, Tuning and a Modified TWR Approach Proceedings of ISMA 2004, International Conference on Noise and Vibration Engineering 709 722 Leuven (Belgium) September 19-22 2004
- De Coninck F. Desmet W. Sas P. Expanding the bandwith of MDOF Road Reproductions Proceedings of ISMA 2006, International Conferenceon Noise and Vibration Engineering 4299 4308 Leuven (Belgium) September 18-20 2006
- De Cuyper J. Verhaegen M. State Space Modeling and Stable Dynamic Inversion for Trajectory Tracking on an Industrial Seat Test Rig Sage Science Press Journal of Vibration and Control 2002 8 1033 1050
- Vanlanduit S. Verboven P. Guillaume P. Cauberghe B. Van der Linden G. Towards accelerated endurance testing SME, Proceedings of IMAC XXII Dearborn, MI 2004 January 26-29 Dearborn 2004 CD-rom
- Heylen W. Lammens S. Sas P. Modal Analysis Theory and Testing K.U.Leuven 1997 90-73802-61-X
- Dehandschutter Wouter The Reduction of Structure-Borne Noise by Active Control of Vibration KULeuven 1997
- McDonald A.M. Sutton T.J. Elliot S.J. Saunders T.J. Active Control of Road Noise inside Vehicles Noise Control Engineering Journal 42 4 137 147 1994
- Wullens Frédéric Andersson Patrik Bcot Franois-Xavier Kropp Wolfgang Larsson Krister Beckenbauer Thomas The modelling of Tyre/road noise - a quasi three-dimensional model Internoise 2001 The Hague The Netherlands
- Sandberg U. Ejsmont J. A. Tyre/road nois reference book Informex Ejsmont & Sandberg Handelsbolag Kisa, Sweden 2002 91-631-2610-9
- Van Den Bos A. Witters M. Development of empirical car suspension models based on road test data K.U.Leuven 2005