This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of Tire/Road Noise Caused by Road Impact Excitations
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 15, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents the design and experimental results of a novel test setup to measure the road impact response of a rotating tire. The test setup is based on a tire on tire principle and is used to analyse mechanisms of tire/road noise during road impact excitations, such as driving on cobbled roads, joints of a concrete road surface, railroad crossings,… A series of test are performed with different driving speeds, cleat dimensions and inflation pressures. Radiated noise, vibrations of the tire surface and spindle forces are measured on the test setup during impact excitations.
|Technical Paper||Determining the Important Degrees of Freedom in Road Reproductions|
|Technical Paper||Dynamic Analysis of Rolling Tire Using Force Sensor and Transfer Path Identification|
|Technical Paper||New Methods for Tire NVH Modeling|
CitationKindt, P., De Coninck, F., Sas, P., and Desmet, W., "Analysis of Tire/Road Noise Caused by Road Impact Excitations," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2248, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-2248.
- Sandberg U. Ejsmont J. A. Tyre/road noise reference book Informex Kisa, Sweden 2002
- Constant M. Leyssens J. Penne F. Freymann R. Tire and car contribution and interaction to low frequency interior noise SAE 2001 Noise and vibration Conference Traverse City, MI. 2001 May SAE paper 2001-01-1528
- Dorfi H. R. A Study of the In-plane Force Transmission of Tires Tire Science and Technology TSTCA 32 4 Oct.-Dec. 2004 188 213
- Kindt P. De Coninck F. Sas P. Desmet W. Experimental Modal Analysis of Radial Tires Under Different Boundary Conditions The Thirteenth International Congress on Sound and Vibration ICSV13 Vienna, Austria 2006 July 2-6
- Kindt P. De Coninck F. Sas P. Desmet W. Experimental modal analysis of radial tires and the influence of the tire modes on vehicle structure borne noise 31 st FISITA 2006 World Automotive Congress Yokohama, Japan 2006 Oct. 22-27
- Dorfi H. R. Wheeler R. L. Keum B. B. Vibration Modes of Radial Tires: Application to Non-rolling and Rolling Events SAE 2005 Noise and vibration Conference Traverse City, MI. 2005 May SAE paper 2005-01-2526
- Yamauchi H. Akiyoshi Y. Theoretical analysis of tire acoustic cavity noise and proposal of improvement technique JSAE Review 23 2002
- Morse P.M. Ingard K. U. Theoretical acoustics MC Graw-Hill Book Co. New York 1968 227 231
- Payne A. R. Scott J. R. Engineering design with rubber Interscience Publishers Inc. 1960 41 46
- Tsujiuchi N. Koizumi T. Oshibuchi A. Shima I. Rolling Tire Vibration Caused by Road Roughness SAE 2005 Noise and Vibration Conference Traverse City, MI. 2005 May SAE paper 2005-01-2524
- LMS Test.Lab Operational Modal Analysis manual
- Kim Y.-J. Bolton J.S. Effects of rotation on the dynamics of a circular cylindrical shell with application to tire vibration Journal of Sound and Vibration 275 2004 605 621
- Saemann E.-U. Buschmann J. Morkholt J. Developments in Low Noise and Extended Mobility Tire Technology 31 st FISITA 2006 World Automotive Congress Yokohama, Japan 2006 Oct. 22-27