This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Effect of Injection Start Angle of Vaporized LPG on SI Engine Operation Parameters
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 23, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper presents the problem of the influence of sequential injection start angle of LPG gas on the course and the effects of the working process of an IC engine with spark ignition. The research was done on the four-cylinder engine C20LE Holden powered by the evaporated LPG gas with the volatile proportions 50/50 %. The research was carried out in steady state conditions and selected spark advance angles for different injection start angles. The analysis considers parameters which characterize combustion processes (torque, indicated pressure) and the concentration of toxic components in exhaust gases.
CitationJakliński, P., Czarnigowski, J., and Wendeker, M., "The Effect of Injection Start Angle of Vaporized LPG on SI Engine Operation Parameters," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2054, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-2054.
- Automotive LP Gas “Today's Fuel for a Cleaner Tomorrow” World LP Gas Association 1998 F-75008 Paris, France
- Wendeker M. Niewczas A. Mazurkiewicz D. “Gaseous Sequential Injection in Spark Ignition Internal Combustion Engine” Maintenance and Reliability 1999
- Bradley D. Hynes J. Lawes M. Sheppard C. G. W. “Limitations to turbulence-enhancement burning rates in lean burn engines” IMechE Conference 1988 Paper C46-88 17 24 Mechanical Engineering Publications London
- Deschamps B. Snyder R. Baritaud T. “Effect of flow and gasoline stratification on combustion in a 4- valve SI engine” SAE Paper 941993 1994
- Gold M.R. Arcoumanis C. Whitelaw J.H. “Mixture preparation strategies in an optical four-valve port-injected gasoline engine” Thermofluids Section, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine London, UK 20 12 1999
- Arcoumanis C. Gold M. R. Whitelaw J. H. Xu H. M. Gaade J. E. Wallace S. “Droplet velocity size and mixture distribution in a single-cylinder four-valve spark-ignition engine” SAE Paper 981186 1998
- Vannobel F. Arnold A. Buschmann A. Sick V. Wolfrum J. Cousyn B. Decker M. “Simultaneous imaging of fuel and hydroxyl radicals in an in-line four cylinder SI engine” SAE Paper 932696 1993
- Chappuis S. Cousyn B. Posylkin M. Vannobel F. Whitelaw J. H. “Effect of injection timing on performance and droplet characteristics of a sixteen-valve four cylinder engine” Experiments in Fluids 1997 22 336 344
- Lawrenz W. Kohler J. Meier F. Stolz W. Wirth R. Bloss W. H. Maly R. R. Wagner E. Zahn Z. “Quantitative 2D LIF measurements of air-fuel ratios during the intake stroke in a transport SI engine” SAE Paper 922320 1992