This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
CFD model of fuel rail for LPG systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 23, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper presents a three-dimensional model of the fuel rail for the purposes of CFD calculations, created by means of the Star-CD system. The model consists of four working sections. The gas flow opening element is a electromagnetically lifted flap. The model was used to calculate gas flow thru each element of the rail, both by continuous outflow and in the case of opening of a particular section. The aim of this part of research was to find parts of the rail critical for its further optimization. The paper summarizes and discusses the results of the calculations and describes the improved design.
- Jacek Czarnigowski - Lublin University of Technology
- Mirosław Wendeker - Lublin University of Technology
- Piotr Jakliński - Lublin University of Technology
- Michał Rola - Lublin University of Technology
- Łukasz Grabowski - Lublin University of Technology
- Konrad Pietrykowski - Lublin University of Technology
CitationCzarnigowski, J., Wendeker, M., Jakliński, P., Rola, M. et al., "CFD model of fuel rail for LPG systems," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2053, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-2053.
- Wendeker M. “Sterowanie wtryskiem benzyny w silniku samochodowym” 1999 In-Polish
- Park Kweonha So Byungdoo Song Young Ho “LPG Spray Flames in Constant Volume Combustion Chaber Having Impinging Plate” SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1649
- Xu Min Porter David Daniels Chao Panagos Gus Winkelman James “Soft Spray Formation of a Low-Pressure High-Turbulence Fuel Injector for Direct Injection Gasoline Engines” SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2746
- Lee Seang-wock Kuswaka Jin Daisho Yasuhiro “Mixture Formation and Combustion Characteristics of Directly Injected LPG Spray” SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1917
- Lee Yeong Chang Kim Dong Chun Ji Kwang Youl Song Min Ho Hong Jin Sung Park Byiung Kun “Optimum Parameter Design for Air Shrouded Injector Using Two Phase Flow Analysis” SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1181
- STAR-CD Manuals 2004 Computational Dynamics Ltd.