This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Instantaneous and Statistical Structures of Non-Evaporative Diesel Spray
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 23, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Instantaneous and statistical spray structures of diesel sprays are examined with numerical simulation and experiment. KIVALES, which is LES version of KIVA code, is used as the computational code. Injection velocity profiles measured by momentum method are employed for the initial condition of the calculation. In the experiment, shadowgraph photography is performed to measure macroscopic spray structure. LES approach predicts the instantaneous structure, which are the heterogeneity and intermittency in the periphery of the spray and the cyclic variability of each injection event. Moreover, LES can predict both the instantaneous and statistical spray structures.
- Shuji Kamata - Department of Mechanical Engineering, Doshisha University
- Hiroki Nakagawa - Department of Mechanical Engineering, Doshisha University
- Tsukasa Hori - Department of Mechanical Engineering, Doshisha University
- Jiro Senda - Department of Mechanical Engineering, Doshisha University
- Hajime Fujimoto - Department of Mechanical Engineering, Doshisha University
CitationKamata, S., Nakagawa, H., Hori, T., Senda, J. et al., "Instantaneous and Statistical Structures of Non-Evaporative Diesel Spray," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-1899, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-1899.
- Reitz R.D. Diwakar “Structure of High-Pressure Fuel Sprays” SAE paper, NO. 870598 1987
- Han, Z. Fan, L. Reitz R. D. Multidimensional Modeling of Spray Atomization and Air-Fuel Mixing in a Direct-Injection Spark-Ignition Engine 970884 1997
- Azetsu, A. Dodo, S. Someya, T. Oikawa, C. “A Study on the Structure of Diesel Spray-2 2-D Visualization of the Non-Evaporating Spray” COMODIA 90 1990 199 204
- Apte S. V. Gorokhovski M. Moin P. LES of atomizing spray with stochastic modeling of secondary breakup Int. J. Multiphase Flow 29 1503 1522 2003
- Hori, T. Kuge, T. Senda, J. Fujimoto, H. “Large Eddy Simulation of Diesel Spray Structure in Constant Volume Vessel by Use of KIVALES” ICLASS-2006, Paper ID ICLASS06-204 2006
- Hori, T. Senda, J. Kuge, T. Fujimoto, H. “Larege Eddy Simulation of Non-Evaporative and Evaporative Diesel Spray in Constant Volume Vessel by use of KIVALES” SAE paper, Paper NO.06FFL-244 2006
- Sone K. Menon S. Effect of Subgrid Modeling on the In-Cylinder Unsteady Mixing Process in a Direct Injection Engine J. Eng. Gas Turb. Power 125 435 443 2003
- Sone, K. Patel, N. V. Menon, S. KIVALES: Large-Eddy Simulations of Internal Combustion Engines. Part I: Theory and Formulation Technical Report CCL-00-008 Georgia Institute of Technology 2000 http://www.ccl.gatech.edu.
- Sone, K. Patel, N. V. Menon, S. KIVALES: Large-Eddy Simulations of Internal Combustion Engines Part. II: KIVALES User's Manual, Technical Report CCL-00-009 Georgia Institute of Technology 2000 http://www.ccl.gatech.edu.
- Naber, J. D. Siebers, D. L. “Effects of Gas Density and Vaporization on Penetration and Dispersion of Diesel Sprays” SAE paper, No. 960034 1996
- Dan, T. Takagishi, S. Senda, J. Fujimoto, H. “Effect of Ambient Gas Properties for characteristics of Non-Reacting Diesel Fuel Spray” SAE Paper, No. 970352 1997
- Senda, J. Dan, T. Takagishi, S. Kanda, T. Fujimoto, H. “Spray Characteristics of Non-Reacting Diesel Fuel Spray by Experiments and Simulations with KIVAα” Proceeding of ICLASS'97 1997 149 156
- Dan, T. Takagishi, S. Ooishi, N. Senda, J. Fujimoto, H. “Spray Structure in Diesel Fuel Spray with High Injection Pressure” Journal of JSME 62 1996 2079 2085 Japanese
- Kosaka, H. Kobayashi, H. Kamimoto, T. “On the Near-field Structure of Unsteady Dense Sprays” Journal of JSME 55 1989 3587 3592