This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Model Based Fault Diagnosis for Engine under Speed Control
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An appropriate fault diagnosis and Isolation (FDI) strategy is very useful to prevent system failure. In this paper, a model-based fault diagnosis strategy is developed for an internal combustion engine (ICE) under speed control. Engine throttle fault and the manifold pressure sensor fault are detected and isolated. A nonlinear observer based residual generation approach is proposed. Manifold pressure and throttle are observed. Fault codes are designed with redundancy to prevent bit error. Performance of fault diagnosis strategy has been evaluated with simulations.
|Technical Paper||Supercharging by Pressure Wave Generation|
|Technical Paper||Fault Identification in Engine Misfire Using a Runner-by-Runner Intake Manifold Pressure Observer|
|Technical Paper||An Engineering Method for Part-load Engine Simulation|
CitationYan, W., Scacchioli, A., and Rizzoni, G., "Model Based Fault Diagnosis for Engine under Speed Control," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-0775, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-0775.
- McIntyre M.L. Dixon W.E. Walker D.M. “Fault identification for robot manipulators,” IEEE Trans. Robotics and Automation 21 5 1028 1034 Oct. 2005
- Rizzoni G. “Estimate of indicated torque from crankshaft speed fluctuations: a model for the dynamic of the IC engine” IEEE Trans. Vehicular Technology 38 3 168 179 Aug. 1989
- Rizzoni G. Min P. S. “Detection of sensor failures in automotive engines” IEEE Trans. Vehicular Technology 40 2 487 500 May 1991
- Laukonen E. G. Passino K. M. Krishnaswami V. Luh G. C. Rizzoni G. “Fault detection and isolation for an experimental internal combustion engine via fuzzy identification” IEEE Trans. Control Systems Technology 3 3 347 355 Sept. 1995
- Dinca L. Aldemir T. Rizzoni G. “A model-based probabilistic approach for fault detection and identification with application to the diagnosis of automotive engines” IEEE Trans. Automatic Control 44 11 2200 2205 Jan. 2000
- Herman P. Franchek M. A. “Engine idle speed control using actuator saturation” IEEE Trans. Control Systems Technology 8 1 192 199 Jan. 2000
- Nocosia S. Tomei P. “Nonlinear observer and output feedback attitude control of spacecraft,” IEEE Trans. Aerospace and Electronic Systems 28 4 970 977 Oct. 1992