This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modeling of In-Cabin Climate and Fogging of Windshield
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Passenger safety is considered as the central issue in vehicle design. One of the important factors that strongly affect driving safety is visibility through the windshield.
Present model is mainly focused on the problem of fogging of windshields including the effects of latent heat and humidity. Model was studied for different climatic conditions like hot humid climate and cold climate. The effect of surface parameters like static contact angle, on defogging was also studied. Further, the effect of AC on in-cabin climate was also studied. Experimental results for condensation on a glass plate very well resembled with the glass-model results.
The model helps in predicting fogging and understanding the actual thermal parameters leading to it and hence can be useful in optimizing these parameters so as to reduce fogging. It serves as a useful tool in optimizing the performance of an air conditioner.
|Technical Paper||Wiper Systems With Flexible Structures - Instabilities Analysis and Correlation with a Theoretical Model|
|Technical Paper||Optical Advantages of Thin Window Hybrid Windshields|
|Journal Article||Legibility: Back to the Basics|
CitationKharat, R., Nandgaonkar, M., Kajale, S., Ranade, V. et al., "Modeling of In-Cabin Climate and Fogging of Windshield," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-0767, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-0767.
- SAEJ953 Procedure “Passenger Car Defogging System” May 1966
- Fujita Akihiro Kanemaru Jun-ichi Nagakawa Hiroshi Ozeki Yoshiichi “Numerical Simulation Model To Predict The Thermal Environment Inside A Car Cabin” JSAE Review 22 39 47 2001
- Urbank T. M. Kelly S. M. King T. O. Archibald C. A. “Development and Application of an Integrated Dew Point Temperature Sensor” SAE Paper 2001-01-0585 Detroit, Michigan March 5 8 2001
- Croce Giulio D'Agora Paola Mora Francesca Della “Numerical simulation of glass fogging and defogging” International Journal of Computational Fluid Dynamics 00 0 1 9 2005
- http://www.cybersteering.com/cbmain/smlcars/indddx.html Link to Dimensions of Tata Indica
- http://www.matweb.com/index.asp?ckck=1 (Physical Data)
- Roy Subrata Nasr Karim Patel Paresh AbdulNour Bashar “Heat Transfer On A Vehicle Windshield: An Experimental And Numerical Study” 35th National Heat Transfer Conference Anaheim California June 10 12 2001
- Nasr K. J. Abdulnour Bashar S. Wiklund George C. “State of Knowledge and Current Challenges in Defrosting Automotive Windshields” SAE, 980293 1998