This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Introduction of Anisotropic Lining Elastic Constants Optimization (ALCO) Method for Friction Materials
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper, a Frequency Response Function (FRF) measurement based ALCO (Anisotropic Lining elastic Constants Optimization) method is introduced. ALCO is an extension of one popular dynamic response based measurement method - the Resonant Ultrasound Spectroscopy (RUS) method. The ALCO method provides a practical alternative to the ultrasonic measurement (e.g. ETEK) for acquiring friction material elastic constants, especially for NAO (Non-Asbestos, Organic) materials. The method requires verifications of pad assembly modal information (frequencies and mode shapes) of all modes between FEA and measurement, under same load condition (free-free). Therefore, it ensures a well correlated NVH simulation model, at least at the component level.
|Technical Paper||Brake Squeal Noise Testing and Analysis Correlation|
CitationLou, G., Lee, L., and Malott, B., "Introduction of Anisotropic Lining Elastic Constants Optimization (ALCO) Method for Friction Materials," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-0591, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-0591.
- Schreiber E. Anderson O. Soga N. Elastic Constants and Their Measurements McGraw-Hill New York 1973
- Heyliger P. Ugander P. Ledbetter H. “Anisotropic Elastic Constants: Measurement by Impact Resonance” J. of Materials in Civil Engineering September/October 356 363 2001
- Zadler Brian J. Le Rousseau Jérôme H. L. Scales John A. Smith Martin L. “Resonant Ultrasound Spectroscopy: Theory and Application” Geophys. J. Int. 156 154 169 2004
- Kinney J.H. Gladden J.R. Marshall G.W. Marshall S.J. So J.H. Maynard J.D. “Resonant Ultrasound Spectroscopy Measurements of the Elastic Constants of Human Dentin” J. of Biomechanics 37 437 441 2004
- Wang Y.C. Lakes R.S. “Resonant Ultrasound Spectroscopy in Shear Mode” Review of Scientific Instruments 75 3 1371 1373 March 2003
- Cook R. D. Malkus D. S. Plesha M. E. Concepts and Applications of Finite Element Analysis 3 rd John Wiley & Sons
- Chawla K. K. Composite Materials Science and Engineering Springer-Verlag
- MATLAB ® Optimization Toolbox (Version 3.1 (R2006b)) Online Documentation The MathWorks, Inc. 2006
- Vanderplaat Garret N. Numerical Optimization Techniques for Engineering Design McGraw-Hill 1984