This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Fourier Analysis Based Synthetic Method for In-cylinder Pressure Estimation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 16, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The cylinder pressure signal, as an instantaneous and direct measure of the engine operation, contains valuable information for closed loop engine control and offers very useful engine monitoring and control capabilities.
The estimation technique for cylinder pressure has been investigated for many years. Based on the Frequency Analysis Method, a synthetic estimation method is proposed in this paper to estimate pressure. Methods that are successful in obtaining a more accurate estimated cylinder pressure over a wider range of crankshaft angle are reported. Quantitative results obtained from application of the method are also given.
CitationLiu, F., Amaratunga, G., and Collings, N., "A Fourier Analysis Based Synthetic Method for In-cylinder Pressure Estimation," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-3425, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-3425.
- Lee Byungho Rizzoni Giorgio Engine Control Using Torque Estimation SAE 2001-01-0995
- Azzoni P.M. Minelli G. Indicated and Load Torque Estimation using Crankshaft Angular Velocity Measurement SAE 1999-01-054
- Cavina N. Ponti F. Fast Algorithm for On-Board Torque Estimation SAE 1999-01-0541
- Gyan P. Stephane S. Crankangle Based Torque Estimation: Mechanistic/Stochastic SAE 2000-01-0559
- Drakunov S. Rizzoni G. On-Line Estimation of Indicated Torque in IC Engines Using Nonlinear Observers SAE 950840
- Rizzoni G. Connolly F. Estimate of IC Engine Torque from Measurement of Crankshaft Angular Position SAE 932410
- Lida K. Akishino K. IMEP Estimation from Instantaneous Crankshaft Torque Variation SAE 900617
- Ball J. Bowe M. Torque Estimation and Misfire Detection using Block Angular Acceleration SAE 2000-01-0560
- Piedrahita C. Riaza H. “Prediction of In-Cylinder Pressure, Temperature, and Loads Related to the Crank Slider Mechanism of IC Engine: A Computational Model” SAE 2003-01-0728
- Wagner M. Bohme J. In-Cylinder Pressure Estimation from Structure-Borne Sound SAE 2000-01-0930
- Oppenheim Alan V. Schafer Ronald W. Discrete-time signal processing London Prentice-Hall 1989
- Tunestal Per Anders The Use of Cylinder Pressure for Estimation of the In-cylinder Air/Fuel Ratio of an Internal Combustion Engine University of California Berkeley 2000
- Jaine T. Charlet A. Higelin P. High Frequency IMEP Estimation and Filtering for Torque Based SI Engine Control SAE 2002-01-1276